Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A bug error of unknown causes  (Read 1220 times)

tomming

A bug error of unknown causes
« on: November 06, 2010, 02:00:01 pm »

Found a bug, follow the instructions to snews installed on my site, in the before or can be, but I changed. Htaccess file # RewriteBase / sNews17. After not visited, each visit is to the http : / / xlsearch.org / results.php? qu = large% 20format% 20printer% 20inkjet site. When I put # RewriteBase / sNews17. To change it back when you still can not access.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: A bug error of unknown causes
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 04:13:59 pm »

If your upload your sNews file-set (all the files and folders contained in the package) to the root of your domain (on the host server), you should not need to modify the .htaccess file.

If you put your file-set in a folder within the domain root call snews17 or testing you remove the # sign from the # RewriteBase / sNews17 string and change the end of it to match that folder name... like RewriteBase /snews17 or RewriteBase /testing.

Be sure to leave no space between the forward-slash and the folder name. Also, this is case-sensitive, so if your folder does not have a capital letter in it, you would be sure there are no capital letters in the RewriteBase string.

If you still have problems... be sure to check and see if your host has a .htaccess file in your site root or installation folder that keeps you from uploading your .htaccess file. Thid does not happen very often but a few hosts have caused this problem before.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

tomming

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 04:49:19 pm »

Thank you for your answer, but my problem still not resolved, I tried to delete a file and then upload the whole, there is no change there. Htaccess inside any of the information, but still no effect. I upload files to my site root directory. But I wonder is why the first time I can upload the normal installation, change this, then how do can not be normal!

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 07:58:59 pm »

Can you provide me with a link to your domain where you have the sNews installed?
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

tomming

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 04:57:07 am »

Thank you for your help, it has no problem, but I do not know why it no problem, since I'm still puzzled.