Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: apple ipad  (Read 3315 times)

Sasha

• cssanarchy.com
apple ipad
« on: May 29, 2010, 05:13:07 am »

Did any of you guys buy apple ipad and what do you think about same?.....I would know your opinion abut same  :)
Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. | If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life. snews with ♥

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: apple ipad
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 05:35:34 am »

Not me. But a friend of mine just picked one up and I had a quick look at it. It's nice, but I really have no use for it. I already have a cell phone, two laptops and a couple of desktops in my office. What more do I need?  8)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

TheTick

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 12:38:35 pm »

I picked one up about two weeks ago. It wasn't a planned purchase, just went to visit the Apple store here in NYC with a friend who was intent on picking one up and then went *the heck with it* and bought one as well. The wife was pissed for about 24hrs until she realized how cool the thing was.

And it is cool (and I am not an Apple fanboy, always preferred Windows for my work environment). And we have, let me see...5 computers, 2 netbooks, 2 itouch in the house, 1 blackberry and one other smartphone device but I find myself using the ipad more and more for nearly all non work related and some work related activities. Just sitting on the couch websurfing, twittering, watching movies on netflix..etc..

The battery life is stunning, and the thing simply does not get hot. It is an amazing media consumption machine (which my inner techno geek loves, my inner anti-consumer punk heart in me hates...but *shrugs*)...and I took it on a trip to San Diego the first weekend I had it and it is an amazing travel device. Hell, I didn't even have to take it out of the bag or turn it on for airport security (which sucks here in the States....)..

Now, doing work on the thing is another matter. I do front end web coding and run two online magazines, so I write alot of content as well as code. I found typing long pieces on it uncomfortable - the touchscreen keyboard wasn't too my liking. Some people do really like it though. So I did end up buying the wireless bluetooth keyboard for it and it works wonderfully. So I bugger off to the local cafe with the ipad and the keyboard and easily write longform pieces. It's interesting bc I put the ipad itself off to the side and type with the keyboard. not neccessarily looking at the screen like we do with a desktop/laptop. It reminded me of writing just on paper more...ideas seemed to flow better without constantly looking up at the screen. For coding I bought an app called Gusto ( http://horseandtherook.com/gusto/ ) which is pretty good (they're adding new features weekly)..but I don;t really see myself doing alot of web development on the platform - that opinion might change. We'll see.

But it really is a unique device...it isn't necessarily a giant iphone. It isn't a netbook. It's something else entirely. And I can use it as a business write off :)

Sasha

• cssanarchy.com
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 10:03:52 am »

Did you buy ipad with wi fi and 3g or just wi fi?
Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. | If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life. snews with ♥

TheTick

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 01:45:10 pm »

Did you buy ipad with wi fi and 3g or just wi fi?

Just the wifi. I didn't really feel like shelling out an additional $30 a month for the 3G. Basically I use this thing in places in the home where it works better than the laptop (sitting on couch, lying in bed) or in a cafe or traveling in hotel - all places I have reasonable wifi access. Not going to worry about pulling the thing out to use it everywhere...not like an itouch/iphone. For my uses, I couldn't justify that additional expense really.

Sasha

• cssanarchy.com
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 06:14:57 pm »

Gusto looks good for web site coding.I liked it.I m looking forward to buy an ipad 16gb wi fi.I do not want to use att 3g for 30$ more .i have iphone with that plan.This ipad must be good for traveling overseas.Battery life looks good but i never used ipad before so i dont know but i gues i can watch 3 movies in flight of 12 hours long.Buying one soon

Sasha

• cssanarchy.com
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 11:56:10 am »

i just got me ipad 16gb 3g :). Now i m goign to travel to Zagreb Croatia on this sunday and use my ipad for movies and some games...I want to see how battery life perform on this thing.If battery can handle 6 hours ill keep ipad :)

Luka

• Administrator
  • ULTIMATE member
    • http://www.snewscms.com
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 08:57:10 am »

I got it as soon as it got out and simply love it. It's perfect to read the news while drinking coffee :)

philmoz

• High flyer
  • ULTIMATE member
    • fiddle 'n fly
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 08:34:50 am »

I got it as soon as it got out and simply love it. It's perfect to read the news while drinking coffee :)
The luddite in me uses a newspaper for this. Plus, when done it can be used to line boxes, wrap breakables etc.
Try that with your iPad
 :P :P ;D
Of all the things I have lost, it is my mind that I miss the most.

Sasha

• cssanarchy.com
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 06:11:13 am »

ipad is great but is not for me...i love desing and i cant use ipad for that...I just buy new pc alienware laptop 17 inch  with core i5 2.4ghz with turbo mode 2.9ghz,  graphic card ati 5870 with 1gb dedicated memory and x11 support and 8 gb of memory  ;D..my photoshop scream now ..soon i m going to be back with my new site and also back to this forum  :-*