Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Author Topic: Installation Bug (SOLVED)  (Read 1143 times)

pippototaro

Installation Bug (SOLVED)
« on: March 04, 2010, 01:00:36 pm »

While I am installing sNews1.7:

1. Setup the Database..... OK

2. Edit Settings..... my error: Database Name ERROR

3. Upload Files..... OK

I am now ready to experience the world of sNews CMS.... but nothing happens .... there is only a blank page.

I open snews.php and I find the bug:

incorrect code
96  // STARTUP
97  connect_to_db();
98  // LANGUAGE VARIABLES
99  s('language') != 'EN' && file_exists('lang/'.s('language').'.php') == true ? include('lang/'.s('language').'.php') : include('lang/EN.php');

code without errors
96  // STARTUP
97  // LANGUAGE VARIABLES
98  s('language') != 'EN' && file_exists('lang/'.s('language').'.php') == true ? include('lang/'.s('language').'.php') : include('lang/EN.php');
99  connect_to_db();

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: Installation Bug (SOLVED)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 03:59:12 pm »

Hmmm... so what you are saying is that... sNews would not run until you moved the connect_to_db(); string from before the language string to after it?

I still have it located before the language string in my localhost installs and online (hosted) installs and it works fine in both cases.
In other words, I do not experience any error.

Perhaps there is some other reason why you were getting this error... it may be host-server-related or it may be related to some other change you might have made in your snews.php file.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 04:22:18 pm »

(solved) ?? How ? Was it a mistake ?
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated

pippototaro

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 04:38:04 pm »

Hmmm... so what you are saying is that... sNews would not run until you moved the connect_to_db(); string from before the language string to after it?
No. sNews run. Move connect_to_db() allows to display error message if there is an error while connecting to the database.

I still have it located before the language string in my localhost installs and online (hosted) installs and it works fine in both cases.
In other words, I do not experience any error.
You can try using an erroneous data in database variables (example: dbhost' => 'localhost0000',).