Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: (Solved) no admin section?  (Read 3603 times)

Nukular

(Solved) no admin section?
« on: November 13, 2008, 01:34:05 pm »

Hello ... maybe i am to stupid ...

but i just installed snews, the frontpage works fine but when i hit the "login-link" i get to an 404-Site... and when i take a look on the webserver ... there is no "login-folder" in the snews-folder.
I took a look in the zip-file and there is no login folder too ...

Do i have to install the admin-section by myself? Or is there generally something missing?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 03:47:55 pm by Keyrocks »

Sven

• ULTIMATE member
  • Chasing MY bugs!
    • hiseo.fr - rédacteur Web
Re: no admin section?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 01:47:08 pm »

There's a link up there which can help you...

Nukular

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 02:00:39 pm »

mod_rewrite is loaded ...

.htaccess says:

RewriteEngine On                                                                                                         
RewriteBase /sNews                                                                                                       
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f                                                                                       
RewriteRule ^(.*) $1 [L]                                                                                                 
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d                                                                                     
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?category=$1 [L]

Foldername is correct ...

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 02:25:59 pm »

What is the exact location of your file-set? Can you please provide the full URL to your site?
If you are working offline on your localhost machine with a server bundle like XAMPP for XP... you do not need to enable RewriteBase /sNews so you would leave it commented out - #RewriteBase /sNews

There is no "admin section". All of the functions that generate the login and admin panels are in the snews.php (engine) file... like function login() as one example (you can search your file for it to find it).
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Nukular

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 02:36:50 pm »

Snews is located in the root-directory of the server.

Foldername is: snews

Its an local networkserver only so i reach it over: http://ip-adress/snews

jlhaslip

• My snews with AEF Forum site
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 02:50:01 pm »

sNews or snews is the folder name.

Check the capitalization of SNEWS used in the .htaccess file
Yes! I have no siggy.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 02:53:07 pm »

Snews is located in the root-directory of the server.
Foldername is: snews
Its an local networkserver only so i reach it over: http://ip-adress/snews

If your URL has no capital "N" in sNews then your folder-name should not have a capital "N" in it either.
Also - check your URL string in the $db settings. Same rule applies here... and there must be a forward slash at the end:
        $db['website'] = 'http://ip-address/snews/';
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 02:57:06 pm by Keyrocks »
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jlhaslip

• My snews with AEF Forum site
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 02:54:28 pm »

RewriteBase /sNews   
Yes! I have no siggy.

Nukular

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 03:11:10 pm »

If your URL has no capital "N" in sNews then your folder-name should not have a capital "N" in it either.
Also - check your URL string in the $db settings. Same rule applies here... and there must be a forward slash at the end:
        $db['website'] = 'http://ip-address/snews/';

uhm there is no $db['website']  in the snews.php.
Only dbhost, dbname, dbuser, dbpass...
Or where should i check this?

Folder is written: snews
and its like this in the htaccess-file.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 03:22:11 pm »

uhm there is no $db['website']  in the snews.php.

My apologies... that was a reference to the setting for sNews 1.6.  :P

My experience with 1.7 is still very, very limited. It appears 1.7 is supposed to automatically detect where the file-set is located with this function...

Code: [Select]
<?php

//SITE - Automatically detects the scripts location.
function site() {
$host 'http://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
$directory dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']);
$website $directory == '/' $host.'/' $host.$directory.'/';
return $website;
}

?>

... so you should only need to make sure you match the actual folder-name anywhere you use it such as in the .htaccess file's Rewrite string.

You had noted that your file-set is installed on a local networkserver only but... does this local network server have an Apache/MySQL server bundle enabled on it? What OS is running on this local network server?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 03:25:23 pm by Keyrocks »

Nukular

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 03:33:47 pm »

... so you should only need to make sure you match the actual folder-name anywhere you use it such as in the .htaccess file's Rewrite string.

You had noted that your file-set is installed on a local networkserver only but... does this local network server have an Apache/MySQL server bundle enabled on it? What OS is running on this local network server?

Uhm sorry my fault .... its an complete webserver with apache2, php5, mysql5 ... typo3 is running on that server.

Do i have to set anything <VirtualHost> settings?
I have set there:

RewriteEngine On                                                                                                 
        RewriteOptions Inherit

.htaccess:

<IfModule mod_php4.c>                                                                                                   
    php_value session.use_trans_sid 0                                                                                   
</IfModule>                                                                                                             
<IfModule mod_security.c>                                                                                           
SecFilterEngine Off                                                                                                   
SecFilterScanPOST Off                                                                                                   
</IfModule>                                                                                                             
RewriteEngine On                                                                                                         
RewriteBase /snews                                                                                                       
RewriteRule ^(.*) $1 [L]                                                                                                 

htaccess.txt:

<IfModule mod_php4.c>                                                                                                   
    php_value session.use_trans_sid 0                                                                                   
</IfModule>                                                                                                             
<IfModule mod_security.c>                                                                                               
SecFilterEngine Off                                                                                                     
SecFilterScanPOST Off                                                                                                   
</IfModule>                                                                                                             
RewriteEngine On                                                                                                         
RewriteBase /snews                                                                                                       
RewriteRule ^(.*) $1 [L]                                                                                                 

Foldername is "snews" ...

Website Url is like: http://192.168.0.1/snews 

... any ideas?

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 08:23:41 pm »

If you are working from WindowsXP machine... the file-set in your project folder (snews) only needs to be:
    css folder
    images folder
    js folder
    lang folder
    .htaccess
    index.php
    snews.php

You can delete the htaccess.txt file. It is there for people who are working on a 'puter running a Mac OS... as .htaccess is invisible to a Mac while the .txt file is not... so they can upload the .txt file to a server and re-name it there to .htaccess.

If Typo3 is running OK on your server... then we should be able to get sNews running too.
I use the XAMPP for XP bundle on my XP machine.

I'm not familiar with your configuration but... Apache should have an httpd.conf file located in your server's apache/conf directory. Look for that file and open it in your good code editor... and search for mod_rewrite which should then bring you to the LoadModule string for the mod_rewrite module. If it has a # at the start of the string... remove it to enable the mod_rewrite module and re-try your site again. If it's already enabled... at least we verified it.

As I noted earlier... I've never had to activate the Rewrite string in the .htaccess file while working on my localhost environment... but this may only be a characteristic of working with the XAMPP bundle. Also... when using XAMPP... my URL to an htdocs/project.ca project folder is http://localhost/project.ca ... no IP address like yours... easier to work with.  :)

Nukular

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2008, 07:47:19 am »

Got it!  :o
The Problem wasnt snews or the htaccess file of it.

Thx for your help Keyrocks.
Just for your information: Apache 2 works a bit different when you want to load a module. There r 2 folders "mods-available" and "mods-enabled". When u want to load an module you only need to make an symlink in the "mods-enabled" folder pointing to the "mods-available" folder. (just for you info).

The problem was that "AllowOverride" was set to "none" but it need to be set to "AllowOverride FileInfo"!
"Options +FollowSymlinks" is needed to be set to.

Everything is working fine now. Maybe you should post that information somewhere on your website too.

Thx for your great support Keyrocks

P.S.
Running Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) PHP/5.2.0-8+etch11

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 03:47:35 pm »

Got it!  :o
The Problem wasnt snews or the htaccess file of it. Thx for your great support Keyrocks

Glad to be of some help. I'll mark your first post Subject line as "Solved" if that's OK with you.  :)

Nukular

Re: (Solved) no admin section?
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 10:53:32 am »

Surely its ok!  :D
Pages: [1] 2