Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: Solved by Self - RC17 link problem in Opera 9.50 beta (Windows)  (Read 3684 times)

number6

Greetings from Alaska!!

This only seems to happen with Opera 9.50 beta and not in the Opera 9.2 branch: A link is clicked and the address bar shows the correct destination, but the browser goes blank and requires a refresh to render the destination page. This happens with either the RC17 122 or 125 builds.

Neal
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 04:46:52 pm by Keyrocks »

Joost

Re: RC17 link problem in Opera 9.50 beta (Windows)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 09:54:18 am »

Welcome to sNews number6,

And thanks for feedback. Can you do us a favour? and check if this site behaves the same. It is a sNews site, version 1.6
That way we have a clue whether it is the beta browser or sNews RC that's causing this.

Thanks for your time. :)

number6

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 10:31:46 am »

Hello Joost

And thanks for feedback. Can you do us a favour? and check if this site behaves the same. It is a sNews site, version 1.6
That way we have a clue whether it is the beta browser or sNews RC that's causing this.

Your suspicions were correct - 9.50 beta behaves incorrectly with snews 1.6 too. Opera is well-known for doing things a bit differently (especially handling java or jscript), but I've been using the 9.5 beta branch since it was released as my default browser and have never seen this happen before. I'm not familiar with your code yet, so all I can do is report it. I'll look through the beta change log (sheez) and see if I catch something on the handling of links. I watch the Opera beta newsgroup and haven't seen anything like this, either.

Neal

Joost

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 10:43:53 am »

As far as I know this issue has not been reported on previous sNews versions. So I assume (and hope) it is a bug in Opera  and will be solved in the official release.
I will visit the Opera forum as well.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Joost

number6

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 02:37:35 pm »

I assume (and hope) it is a bug in Opera

Just to finish up here: It had something to do with the classic Opera installer, so it looks like it was a bad install (but I still don't get it). I re-installed with the Windows installer and all is well. Sorry for the false alarm - it was a new one on me.