Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: Admin center isnt working correcty.  (Read 2445 times)

Puffmac

Admin center isnt working correcty.
« on: January 02, 2008, 08:32:02 pm »

Hello,

I installed SnewsMU for use on my new website design. Thing is, when I login in and go to the admin panel all of the options are there, but when I click them it just says 'Requested contents could not be found. Please go back or use the search feature. '. I have uploaded all of the files, edited my snewsmu.php according to my server and have placed the stuff uner /* snews */ in the minimal template's CSS into my stylesheet.

Take a look and try it out for your self (default admin username and password).

URL: http://andymcc.com/wtc/

Thanks
Andrew

Puffmac

Re: Admin center isnt working correcty.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 08:58:58 pm »

OK that one seems to have fixed itself when I added
Code: [Select]
<?php title(); ?> instead of the default HTML
<title> tags. Anyway, if you now look at the webpage you will see the navbar has a space at the top between the links and the border, this only happened when I added the
<?php pages(); ?> tags to the navigation list. Is there something i need to add to the CSS?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 09:47:39 pm by Puffmac »

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 09:19:07 pm »

OK that one seems to have fixed itself when I added
<?php title(); ?> instead of the default HTML
<title> tags. Anyway, if you now look at the webpage you will see the navbar has a space at the top between the links and the border, this only happened when I added the
<?php pages(); ?>[code] tags to the navigation list. Is there something i need to add to the CSS?[/code]
Well... your're getting the right idea... you need to look closely at the relationships of the various PHP-wrapped function names... located in the default sNews index.php file... and see how they relate to the css styling within the default style.css file. You will need all of the PHp function-names in your new template file as well. The TITLE one is the first and most important... nothing ever displays until at least that one is in there.  :)

With the pages one... (I hope you kept a master copy of your original template.html file)... see how the menu was styled in the original file as it relates to the CSS that came with it. If there are specific class-names used for the menuing script you want to use... then you may have to adapt those class-names to the pages function in your engine file... or the other way around.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Puffmac

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 09:34:20 pm »

Thanks,

I was looking through the file and I managed to get it to function properly, like when your on that page the navbar style changes to selected. Still working on the white space, oh and yes I do have a copy of the origonal themplate. I designed and made the template and I noticed on the Admin panel the corners aren't rounded, though that doesnt matter if somone could help me with that it would be great. It's my first time making a template for snews so please, forgive me :D.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 09:47:19 pm by Puffmac »

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 10:13:50 pm »

No need for forgiveness... you'll learn as you go like the rest of us. Just keep some log notes in a Notepad test file (in a Project Log folder) on each change you make so you'll always know where to back-track when you hit a snag. When modding PHP code... make a copy of the section before changing it... place it below your work area... and comment it out for safe-keeping. Then save and test your changes one at a time.  ;)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU