Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: I need alot of help beware!! lol  (Read 2887 times)

B.Santiago

I need alot of help beware!! lol
« on: December 16, 2007, 04:01:56 am »

OK first off thank-you for even attempting to help me i have a bunch of questions here we go...

i think snews will be good for what i need in this situation - i am launching a website where i will be interviewing people and after the interview i need to be able to let people post comments also i will have other pages within the same site with articles which should also allow users to post comments. so i guess my first question is is sNews what i am looking for and how hard would it be to implement sNews into my own template i only know html and some css but i have plenty of books and i am willing to learn but how far am i from achieving success. and how extreme would it be and what would be involved if i wanted to allow my users to use avatars for their comments

also once i have implemented the comment areas i would like my homepage and other pages to contain new posts headlines (ie my interviews) so basically on the homepage on the side column it would say "new posts" followed by a constantly updating list everytime i add a new interview i might be asking for too much if so please atleast refer me to some reading or tutorials i could watch i would like to tackle this project myself just do not know if i am in the right ball park i do have many other issues but we can start with those lol thankyou all..

Joost

Re: I need alot of help beware!! lol
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 06:20:02 am »

Welcome B.Santiago,

The ability to post comments for pages and articles is a standard feature in sNews. Styling is one of the strong points of sNews. You can design or port a xhtml template and insert some template tags, that render menus, breadcrumb, latest articles and content.

In the section Mods/addons, you'll find a lot of ways to add extra features to sNews and there is a ready to go sNewsMU (sNews Multi User version).
However, avatars when submitting comments? I haven't seen such mod, yet.

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
Re: I need alot of help beware!! lol
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 01:41:47 pm »

Hi, and welcome B... I won't answr more, Joost already said it. Just a correction, http://snewscms.com/forum/index.php?topic=6740.0 is somewhat an avatar on comments MOD.
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated