Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: unable to login  (Read 2650 times)

GrayMatter

unable to login
« on: November 19, 2007, 09:58:13 pm »

OK, I know I'm missing something somewhere, but i don't know what.

i have created the tables, and applied the .htaccess to the root of my site.  snewsMU is install in http://mysite.com/snewsMU/

no errors on any of the links, but the login link just shows me the home page.

[UPDATE] I turned on error_reporting and now i get this:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: guests_online() in /homepages/30/d175338559/htdocs/elitebusinesstraining.com/snewsMU/index.php on line 61

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
TIA!

GM
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 10:03:47 pm by GrayMatter »

GrayMatter

Re: unable to login
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 11:28:11 pm »

Thanks.  I found another post that mentioned removing that function and I have, but that still didn't resolve the issue that no matter which link i click on (especially the login link) all it gives me is the home page and no errors.

GrayMatter

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 06:46:58 pm »

is it me, or is this 'Getting Started' http://snewscms.com/help/installing-snews/ page missing important tables?

I found my problem.  i downloaded the sNews 1.6 MEMU http://snewscms.com/forum/index.php?topic=5847.0 package and started comparing my tables to the tables in the included sql script and noticed that it has more tables than what was listed on the getting started page. (because of course who reads the included readme files! LOL I have already been harassed about the fact that i never RTFM)

i will be testing it out this afternoon, but if this is the problem, the programmers may want to consider updating the getting started page (or adding a link to DL the sql script) and possibly adding error checking to make sure all of the tables exist?

Cheers!
GM

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 08:43:06 pm »

So... Bob... what version of MU do you have on-tap today?  ;D
Reading the above... are you saying that Bram's Guests Online mods are now removed from the MU package?  ???

Back on October 08.07... when I was about to start rebuilding my MEMU project... I discovered that your first release (I used for my first MEMU package) was missing Bram's Guests Online mods and guests dbase table. So I downloaded your latest version... updated on October 08.07 (that included Bram's guests online mods)... and rebuilt the MEMU package (now version 1.1) on it. Will I now need to remove all of Bram's mods to keep the MEMU package running parallel to your current MU version?

Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU