Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Author Topic: Getting a full-flash site to work with sNews  (Read 2363 times)

Buhmanator

Getting a full-flash site to work with sNews
« on: October 24, 2007, 11:43:02 pm »

Hello,

I am attempting to get a full-flash site to work with sNews.  My target engine is sNews MEMU (which, to my disgust, does not have many mods that like to work with it).  How do you get the engine to work with a flash site?  I have seen flash ads that base their content off of XML files.  Is there a way I can apply this to sNews.  And if so, how to I get my flash document to work with the XML document.

Zack

Buhmanator

Re: Getting a full-flash site to work with sNews
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 10:01:17 pm »

Hello,

And uh, please feel free to at least say "i have no idea" it makes me feel like i'm asking a legitimate question and it makes me feel like people are actually looking at this.

Zack

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 02:25:16 am »

Well... Zack... I have no idea. I am usually not in the habit of answering posts just for the sake of answering them (like this)... but you did ask and it's not in me to ignore a reasonable request.  ;)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Joost

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 04:02:10 am »

No idea either.
A full-flash site is basically an - almost - empty html file like this, that holds an flash object (height="100%" width="100%). That is it.
Of course you can link from snews to the flash site and visa versa, give both the same styling, but that's all you can do.

mike1

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 06:36:20 am »

I dont believe flash will work with the dynamic content served by the snews engine.  You will probably only be able to have a flash banner if you want to use snews.  I believe dynamic content like this is one of the main benefits of Apollo or Flex or whatever the heck Adobe is working on right now (dont quote me on this, because it may be wrong...actually, it probably is :) ).