Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Form Size in Article/Comment/Contact - WAY TOO SMALL!  (Read 2923 times)

Buhmanator

Form Size in Article/Comment/Contact - WAY TOO SMALL!
« on: October 07, 2007, 10:24:53 pm »

I would like to know how to change the article/comment/contact entry forms.  Where is it it snews.php?  Its very large (at least for me), and hard to read (even with color coded text)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: Form Size in Article/Comment/Contact - WAY TOO SMALL!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 03:16:00 am »

You aren't very clear about what you are referring to. I assume... that you are referring to the size of the text within the QUOTE and CODE tags on the Forums posts. If so... when you are using the Posting Form... after you have wrapped something in the tags... highlight the stuff in the tags again and click the Editor Icon with the bold A and 2-ended arrow in it. That will wrap the copy with size-tags containing a 10pt size.  ;)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Fred K

• Still trying to learn stuff
  • ULTIMATE member
    • Personal
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 04:15:24 am »

@Keyrocks -- It doesn't seem to be a forum related problem, rather the standard textarea size problem.

@Buhmanator -- I assume that you mean the textarea for entering comments for an article and the corresponding textarea in the contact form (where the message text is entered). To change the size of that area, open the file 'style.css' in your text editor or other style editing tool, and find the selector 'textarea', I think it's towards the end of the default style.css file that comes with sNews.

What you want to do is add width and height values for text area. Example:

Quote from: style.css
textarea { width: 95%; height: 20em; } /* Add more rules before the closing brace, as you see fit */

This will make the textarea almost as wide as its container and 20em high (= roughly 260px with standard browser font size).
Toy with the values (and units) to find the setting that suits your style. If you want to affect only the textarea for the two spots mentioned, you can target those with this directive:

.commentsbox textarea { styles: here; }

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 04:20:29 am by Fred K (agentsmith) »

Buhmanator

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 12:32:09 am »

WOW, THANK YOU FRED K!

You are awesome!

This makes me so relived.  It is so much better now.  Thank you!

(I would say I love you just to get my point across, but that would be like, um.. gay)

Kudos,
Zack

Fred K

• Still trying to learn stuff
  • ULTIMATE member
    • Personal
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 05:49:22 pm »

You're welcome, Zack!

Buhmanator

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 05:00:58 pm »

Hello,

Wow, this should be like, stickied.  I have referred to this article so much while changing templates.

Zack

mlab

• mlab.name
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 11:36:55 pm »

this should be like, stickied
I don"t think so.  ::)
But, perhaps, there are 2 links that could be usefull for you (or for anyone that want to learn to develop websites) : XHTML reference and CSS reference;)