Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bug in sNewsMU with editing article?  (Read 3915 times)

Shareman

Bug in sNewsMU with editing article?
« on: February 12, 2008, 07:18:22 pm »

Hi people,
When i edit article, which i create in past, article vanish in my admin, sitemap, rss but in my profile i can find it, please it is bug, or...? Thank you very much for answer

jackp

• But you said "Stick it there!!"
    • Tim Chard - myEmote
Re: Bug in sNewsMU with editing article?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 05:57:54 am »

Hello sNews gaNg,

First post here at sNews. I like what you have achieved very much with sNews. (10/10 less a few bugs...) I have a small problem/s with sNews but the first kind of relates to this thread and is similar to Shareman's problems, but maybe not. LOL

I couldn't get rid of 'HOME' in the pages menu so I thought I would use it to display a 'home' article. When I posted to 'home' it tells me everything OK and then it disappeared all together. Not in the sitemap, not in other categories, I don't know where it disappeared to. The date was set to present time. So maybe I'm thinking that Shareman posted his artcile to 'HOME' category and it disappeared regardless of time/date, cause I have posted a few article with past dates no probs. Worst thing is I can't say 'hey take a look' cause it ain't there. :D

Jackp

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 02:15:55 pm »

Welcome to sNews Jack.
Have you had a look in your database to see if the missing articles are actually in the articles table? If they are, then see what number (value) is listed for the missing article under the "published" column. It should be a "1" if it's published. If it's a "0", edit the number to "1" (in phpMyAdmin), save it, and see if it becomes visible.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 01:20:40 pm by Keyrocks »
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

jackp

• But you said "Stick it there!!"
    • Tim Chard - myEmote
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 02:05:58 am »

Hello Keyrocks

Excellent, thanks mate! Found and changed and now it is working. Thanks. I hope you don't mind, but I have put some download links on the webpage I am doing with the resources that went into making the website. The link is
http://goblog.timchard.com/home/website-blog-creation-resources/

EDIT [Link not working since I accidentily deleted snews DB.]

I have added a manual for newbies (like me!) on creating/importing the sNewsMU MySQL database.

Thanks Again

Jackp
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 01:39:32 am by jackp »

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 01:24:21 pm »

Hello Keyrocks

Excellent, thanks mate! Found and changed and now it is working. Thanks. I hope you don't mind, but I have put some download links on the webpage I am doing with the resources that went into making the website. The link is
http://goblog.timchard.com/home/website-blog-creation-resources/
I have added a manual for newbies (like me!) on creating/importing the sNewsMU MySQL database.
Thanks Again
Jackp

We don't mind at all. We welcome any positive promotion our members provide for the sNews CMS. On behalf of Luka, the author of sNews, we hope you enjoy working with sNews and look forward to any contributions you can share here at snewscms.  :)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU