Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: Article display issues.  (Read 1845 times)

dimmu

Article display issues.
« on: September 17, 2007, 10:58:52 pm »

Hello to all in community of snews,

I am new here so greetz for you all... i found few months ago this "wonder of one file" cms :) Few questions about making templates for snews.

* How to edit article displays, ima oldschool html writer so i use tables and divs for templates.
* Whats in here @ forum @ mods (ex. wyzz wysiwyg) code aint showing right. :(

im in a hurry so if you didint understand what im saying, please post and ill gonna try to explain later.

When template done for our site ill publish preview here.

peace. dimmu.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 11:06:30 pm by dimmu »

ens

• http://www.meatysite.info
Re: Article display issues.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 03:16:32 am »

Hello and welcome to sNews!

What exactly do you mean by article displays?

If I understand correctly, you'd like to alter how an article is displayed? I don't know if you're using tables or divisions, but this would usually be done by modifying the CSS for the container div of the article. For example, if I placed my center funtion (<?php center(); ?>) which is the function that displays the articles and any other content, within a div called #articles, I would edit it's CSS to suit.

Here's an example:
HTML:
Code: [Select]
<div id="articles"><?php center(); ?></div>CSS:
Code: [Select]
#articles {
  padding: 10px 10px 5px 10px;
  width: 76%;
  margin: 0 auto;
}
#articles p {
  font: normal 13px "Verdana", Arial, sans-serif;
  color: #000;
}
The "#articles p" dictates the style of paragraphs within the #articles div. Each article is formed of paragraphs as long as you write your articles using the <p> and </p> tags. You can set it however you want, using multiple divs, multiple identifications and multiple tags or variants.

Otherwise you need to style it through the body or #articles within the CSS document.

I know it sounds confusing, but if someone else can clarify better, you'll eventually understand.