Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: [Package] sNews 1.6 MEMU = Modular, Enhanced & Multiple Users  (Read 38872 times)

Ken Dahlin

• http://www.kendahlin.com/
Re: [Package] sNews 1.6 MEMU = Modular, Enhanced & Multiple Users
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 07:46:50 am »

KNOWN ISSUES:
1)  Within the "Manage Content" Panel (on the main Admin Page)... the VIEW links beside each content type (Categories, Articles, Extras, Pages) after the "Add New" links... normally do not appear in the default sNews 1.6 CMS until at least one entry has been posted in them. For some reason... while I was adding some mods to this package back in early August... the VIEW links would no longer appear. I added alternative link strings that "over-ride" the default strings for these links (in function administration() - at - # Manage Content Panel) so that they are always visible now... even when there is no content entered in each content type. I have not yet determined why this bug occured, but the over-ride strings do the job in the meantime.

I went to attempt to track down this issue tonight, but after I uncommented the "if (stats(..." and deleted your hard coded view links, I did not experience a problem with the view links disappearing or not turning off when no content existed. Maybe you fixed the problem and or did I misunderstand?

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 11:14:03 pm »

@ Ken... thanks for seeking out the 'bugs'. I checked my MEMU offline project mods/files and a few did have extra lines or spaces after the closing PHP-tag. I cleaned those up and did not see a difference in performance anywhere yet... for sure the "File Links" function is still not displaying links after uploading to the docs and pdf folders (working on another approach in spare time).

On the VIEW links... are you saying that they ARE automatically displaying for you... after adding content (with the over-ride links disabled)? Where is your installation... offline or online? This is a strange situation for me... I have no problems with them in several other offline projects where I am modding sNews 1.6 in stages. Only the MEMU package will not display them offline or online for me.  :-\
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Ken Dahlin

• http://www.kendahlin.com/
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 01:02:21 am »

On the VIEW links... are you saying that they ARE automatically displaying for you... after adding content (with the over-ride links disabled)? Where is your installation... offline or online? This is a strange situation for me... I have no problems with them in several other offline projects where I am modding sNews 1.6 in stages. Only the MEMU package will not display them offline or online for me.  :-\

Yes, you can see this working at http://snews.kendahlin.com/sn16_memu/. You can use username: "keyrocks" and password "keyrocks" to add content.

Even the file upload links for docs and pdf appear to be working fine. Here's an archive of my install. http://dahlin.googlecode.com/files/091807_sn16_memu.zip
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 04:50:17 am by Ken Dahlin »

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 08:03:34 pm »

Previous Posts Removed to conserve space and replaced with:

@ Ken... update... again, thanks for your assistance.
FINALLY... I solved my File Links Panel Display Issue... and I am embarrassed to say that it was caused by a single little "TYPO" error. Take a look at $gl['uploads_table'] = 'uplfiles'; in the global database variables in config.php... and remove the "l" after "up" in the value. With that spelling error corrected... links to the files from the File Links Panel show up as desired. You (and others) may have corrected it... but I missed it completely until today.  ::)

The sNews 1.6 MEMU package download has been refreshed as of Sept.23.07 and is available from the first post on the first page of this topic. 8)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 03:15:48 pm by Keyrocks »
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rivnet

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 04:30:04 pm »

I got the same problem with RSS and after reading this post removed blanks after ?> in the files in mod/ folder. Now it works.

household

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2007, 07:34:47 pm »

Hi,
I created SQL base, uploaded files and when I'm try to open site I see information

There was an error while connecting to the database.
Check your database settings.

I using x10hosting services (free one)
Thanks for reply.

Joost

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 08:47:48 pm »

Welcome Household,

The warning means exactly what it says, so you'll have to check these settings:
Code: [Select]
<?php
# location: probably localhost or an address provided by the webhost
$db['dbhost'] = 'localhost'//MySQL Host

# database name, created via phpmyadmin, or provided by the webhost
$db['dbname'] = 'your-database-name'//Database Name

# database username, created via phpmyadmin or provided by the webhost
$db['dbuname'] = 'root'//Database Username

# database password, created via phpmyadmin or provided by the webhost
$db['dbpass'] = 'your-hard-to-guess-password'//Database password
?>

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2007, 03:12:56 am »

@ Household...
You'll find the database settings at the top of the config.php file... when you open it in your 'good' code editor.

household

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2007, 09:50:05 pm »

Thank You, works fine. Sorry for silly question  ;)

tyee

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 01:44:03 am »

Just installed and am testing with XAMPP and when I go into the admin I see no content management panel!

I see "site administration system" and "current site stats" panels. That's all.

Any suggestions?

PS  I deleted my database and remade it and imported the sql again but no difference.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 03:02:28 am »

When the first 2 admin panels are visible and the rest are not, this is an indication that something is interrupting the PHP parsing sequence within function administration(), and the interruption would be occuring after the script that generates the statistics panel... which should be as follows:

# Statistics Panel Mod
      echo '<div class="admpanel"><center><span class="admintitle">'.l('stats_title').'</span><br />';
      # Display Statistics
      include_once('mods/statistics.php');
         echo "".l('stats_online')."".$online."".l('stats_divider').""
         ."".l('stats_today')."".$today."".l('stats_divider').""
         ."".l('stats_yesterday')."".$yesterday."".l('stats_divider').""
         ."".l('stats_total')."".$total."";
         // ."".l('stats_total')."".$total."".l('stats_divider')."";
         // ."".l('stats_IP')."".$ip.""; // currently disabled, IP not required in Admin view.
      echo '</center></div>';

Provided you have installed all of the files and folders in the exact same relationship they are in - in the un-zipped sn16_memu folder - and have followed the instructions in the readme.html file... there is no reason why it shouldn't work, as my installation is running fine (in XAMPP) and I am using the exact same set of files that are in the download.

tyee

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 03:59:02 pm »

Keyrocks
    Thanks, I'll double check and redo the full installation again if I have to. BTW, I see the sql file seems to erase all previous data in the database, so does this mean we can't use a current database from an earlier version of sNews?

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2007, 06:28:32 pm »

Keyrocks
    Thanks, I'll double check and redo the full installation again if I have to. BTW, I see the sql file seems to erase all previous data in the database, so does this mean we can't use a current database from an earlier version of sNews?
No, not really. If you open the sql file in your code editor, you'll see a "drop" string before each table's "create" script. This automatically drops (wipes out) existing tables if they exist. You can re-name and duplicate the file... and remove the strings from the dup if you wish. However, it is only used to create NEW tables from scratch. I did not include an sql file that just adds the table-changes to an existing database, mainly because you would want to 'test-run' this as a new project (offiline on localhost) before actually using it online. Also, any content created would need to have "new" values added when created in order to be fetched and displayed properly in this package.

tyee

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 12:48:06 am »

@Keyrocks
   So that means I can't create an sql file of my current database and then import it into this new version's database??

Rui Mendes

• Development,Testing, Support
  • sNews1.7
    • Comunidade Portuguesa
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 12:59:31 am »

What is your snews version ?

I think is better you alter your database and replace your snews to snewsMEMU.

Means,
1 - First, most important. Backup your database.
2 - Just add some new fields to your database.
3 - Replace snews and files with snewsMEMU.

Need a Job on Europe. Linkdin - Facebook / Group
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6