Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: WP Theme "Blue Zinfandel" ported for sNews 1.6  (Read 12440 times)

goran

Re: WP Theme "Blue Zinfandel" ported for sNews 1.6
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2007, 02:21:38 pm »

Hi folks,

First of all thank you for a really nice theme, and then I have a question about that date image that is displayed before every article title...
in this port of theme they look somehow 2D and 3D at the same time... exactly same as they look here http://www.frdk.com/templates/zinfandel/, but on original theme they look 3D all the way, http://www.briangardner.com/demos/ ... anyone knows how to fix that?

I am running WinXP SP2 and IE7... I really do not care about IE6 browsers as they will become thing of the past relly soon....

Thank you for all help provided  :)
/* Imagination is more important than knowledge. */

Fred K

• Still trying to learn stuff
  • ULTIMATE member
    • Personal
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2007, 03:51:59 pm »

Hi Goran,

The reason I didn't use the exact same date image as the original is that I didn't really like the way it behaves when you enlarge text in the browser. If you compare the two versions you'll see that in my port, the date stays within the calendar background even when the text size is bumped up 2-3 steps.

Now, you're free to implement the original if you want it. The image Brian used is of course included in the theme package, it's called "date.gif". To use the background, you'll need to add it to the style rule for .cal in the stylesheet(s). Easy enough to do, I would think.

goran

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2007, 04:25:53 pm »

Hi Fred,

Thanx for answer... however I can not see any trouble with scaling on Brians original site.. so I am not sure what you are seeing.. anyway, I decided to keep your work as it is easyer to change top color of calendar image, then it is in Brian's version.. thank you once againg for great port and excellent work.. keep it up.. cheers  ;)
/* Imagination is more important than knowledge. */
Pages: 1 2 [3]