Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Author Topic: To fast and to curious - the next steps?  (Read 1549 times)

hafing

To fast and to curious - the next steps?
« on: March 06, 2006, 08:47:29 pm »

sNews 1.4 have been released for some time and we have been seeing a lot of websites making use of the project. I am curious about the next steps. What direction is the development of sNews driving toward? I am curious to know what lies ahead.
Simplicity has been the trademark of sNews. We expect sNews to keep its simplicity, one file. If the objective is sNews2Go how is that picture going to look like? ;D
Or is it to much to ask at the moment? ;D
hafing 8)
I can be 2fast and 2curious

Luka

• Administrator
  • ULTIMATE member
    • http://www.snewscms.com
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 10:09:43 pm »

Hehe 2 fast 2 courious  ;D

Well, every sNews function is discussed on the forum and I always suggest a feature before implementing it. I like an argumented discussion where everyone can be proven to be wrong. Only that can lead to a quality product, don't you agree?

Offcourse, now and then I come up with some psycho ideas about some features and then have to take some pills to calm down  ;D Kidding offcourse.

sNews,has to be more accessible, user friendly and stable. So sNews will probably stay the same as the main core with some enhancements. Those will be better archives and some other already specified under TODO list. However, there will be one more function that I will explain more detailed later. Basically it's about changing everything on your site visually and live through your site. Cause I hate limited design and framework. I see a website that can be changed totally within second or two. Infact I'm testing it as we speak...

So that leads to addons which are going to be developed by me and third parties I hope (you).

hafing

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 11:42:32 pm »

Too fast and too curious, yes that's what I am.
I like very much the approch and the methodology that is implemented in the design of sNews and the discussions are fruitful and stimulating. Crazy IDEAS, we couldn't live without them, nor couln't we survive without Patric. ;D

Quality design yes that should be our objective, without doubt. Usefull gadget to serve our webworld needs.
To be honest, there is a question hoovering in the background. I've had difficulties with sNews 1.4 which I didn't encounter with version 1.3. After great deal of work it seems to point to the use of the .htaccess file. I know I am not the only one, and I have raised this question before in another context. I am concerned, if the use of sNews requires special access to a server, which isn't an option for all, it automatically pushes aside many wanabee users.

So the direct question is, how do you forsee the obsacle the use of the .htaccess file as caused??
Or.
Maybee you don't consider it an obstacle as I do? ???

My understanding of the discussion in the Apache doc., they do not recomment it's use.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/htaccess.html

hafing 8)

I can be 2fast and 2curious