Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ideas for a new logo...  (Read 10874 times)

centered

Ideas for a new logo...
« on: August 02, 2007, 12:56:26 pm »

I am setting up a new site somewhere, so I figured a new logo to go with a new template is an order.

I did this after a few countless tries at sketching and playing with shapes in illustrator.  I am not really feeling it but would like opinions.  (or help in making one!!!!)

(I am not good at making anything for myself... just to note)

Just a few funny ideas:

Sven

• ULTIMATE member
  • Chasing MY bugs!
    • hiseo.fr - rédacteur Web
Ideas for a new logo...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 02:17:14 pm »

Makes me think of a butterfly..
To be honest I think the colors are sad (but I love flashy colors)  :)

stjepan

Ideas for a new logo...
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 03:40:23 pm »

I'll stop all my projects and put all my designers to works on that logo!  
Can you just tell what is all about?  Should I concentrate on "centered design", are there any other issues to think about, do you have predefined color scheme, and do you want those leaves to be in logo?  histerius will be glad to help.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Ideas for a new logo...
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 08:54:24 pm »

I haven't been in the creative business for many years (though I was once, in commercial printing & design) so I have become rusty when it comes to creating or branding from scratch. I like the general concept you've come up with though. I don't see "leaves" as such... but I do see Sven's "Butterfly" as looking more like the pages of an open book... and your 2-toned logo as one open book on top of another open book. This suggests the logo might be good for a large information repository type of site... like a central library site. It would be a nice logo for any library for that matter. Hmmm... is it available for free?  :)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

centered

Ideas for a new logo...
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 11:40:15 pm »

Sven, thanks... butterfly? sad colors?  Actually I like the browns cause I am missing the coolness of the fall right now... its muggy here in jersey...

stjepan,  thanks, but if your not willing to do a freebie, then don't bother. Plus you don't need stop all your projects for this... I don't have paypal and your not here in the states so I couldn't send you a check/money order for anything (I dont know how good international mail is).  If you are, then I am looking for somethign simplistic really, what I like is here:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40192141/
My logo for my real name, sadly i don't have the ai file anymore

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/57675989/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/49006134/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38211348/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/55931318/ (the slanted one)

Keys, free to whom, me or Sven?  If its me, and Stje is willing to do a freebie for me, then expect a file from me soon, I don't mind

Fred K

• Still trying to learn stuff
  • ULTIMATE member
    • Personal
Ideas for a new logo...
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 03:56:18 am »

well, I like the "leaves". but, here's an alternative, just to occupy you a little

If you want it you can have it, .ai file available. Oh, and the blob is very visible in favicon size as well, which might be of interest.

Sven

• ULTIMATE member
  • Chasing MY bugs!
Ideas for a new logo...
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 07:50:11 am »

eh-eh
we know a lot about you now centered...
 :cool:

stjepan

Ideas for a new logo...
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 09:51:19 am »

stjepan,  thanks, but if your not willing to do a freebie, then don't bother
Well, you missed two thing.  First is small, very small, almost invisible exclamation mark at the end of the first sentence   :)   So, it looks like I was kidding.  

And second, you forgot that we here are helping each other, so the part 2 was kidding.  Give me some more information and I'll really assign a designer to that - at no cost. For Free. No hidden fess. Now or never.  Zero dollars. Nada .   :D

centered

Ideas for a new logo...
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 01:06:27 pm »

Ok a few more tries..

agent thanks for the try, though it reminds me of that starwars logo I see at times...

Sven,
What else do you know about me?!?!?!

stje,
Sorry, I didn't know if you were kidding or not. Thanks for clearing that up.
I am just looking for a simplistic logo like the ones I linked or the ones I've been trying.
My old logo looks like this: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40126861/
No real definition.  I do design, freelance, music, write, play games, etc.  centered effect has been my online screenname for as long as I can remember (my aol name was cntrdefect!!).  I originally named it because of true emotions are felt all over the self, like love or hate, depression, if you feel great about something, you feel it in the tips of fingers to your toes, etc.  It was a term I coined in a poem I wrote when I was a teenager.  It also describes me because I like helping and like being parts of intergral projects that have a bigger meaning.  
Maybe I said too much or too little, let me know.
Thanks for helping!

Sven

• ULTIMATE member
  • Chasing MY bugs!
Ideas for a new logo...
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 01:21:07 pm »

Quote from: centered
Sven,
What else do you know about me?!?!?!
things, such as,
you were playin guitar about an hour ago  :D

centered

Ideas for a new logo...
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 01:43:05 pm »

hahah I was waking up about an hour ago

actually I was playing guitar about 12 hours ago.....

listen to some demo tunes:
myspace.com/jaysonpark

Sven

• ULTIMATE member
  • Chasing MY bugs!
Ideas for a new logo...
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 02:07:58 pm »

Believe me or not, it's the first time I go to MySpace.
And I've landed in a cool place.
I like Demo 1... it makes dream while listening.
Congratulations.
And thanks for those minutes in my hard day's works.  :cool:

stjepan

Ideas for a new logo...
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 04:59:28 pm »

So, you're an artistic soul...  Am I going in the right direction?

centered

Ideas for a new logo...
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 06:25:59 pm »

Somewhat.  I would keep the logo simpler and smaller.  The name and the logo should be proportional to each other, so I can display them together on a web page.  The X idea is a start but it reminds me of the straight edge (no drinking no smoking) movement (i am a smoker and a causal drinker).  I do like the upside down "i"s in your avatar logo.  It is lilttle simplistic things that catches me and makes me go "ahh".  If you noticed on the logos I linked, almost all are a typographic apprach to the name or initials.  My current logos are similar in nature, I was currently going for an iconic approach, you can try either, but think of a typographic apprach overall.  The typographic apprach gave me the graphic seen in the myspace page I liked before:

I trid to make a play on that in the logos in the first post

I should also note the incarnation of the 3  and 4 layers of the first and latest design.  For the number 3, web design is my third element of computer graphics. First one being game design (quake 3 level editing), graphic design, and now web design.  The number 4 is represented as me planning and making my next move a reality as I am planning on moving to the New England area, and it will be a fresh start for my girlfriend and I as we move forward in our lives.  In the latest design, the first bar represents my current home state, second California, third moving in with my girlfriend and the 4th being offset to so a movement in progress dis associated with the previous.

It was ideas I had in my head as I was doing some of these.

stjepan

Ideas for a new logo...
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 11:05:21 pm »

Well, that wasn't X, that was four simple arrows pointed to the center.  However, I've been to myspace, I mean your space, and after listening to your music and reading your words, I think something like this may be right for you.

Pages: [1] 2