Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: End user admin panel instructions  (Read 2902 times)

howdidyouguess

End user admin panel instructions
« on: June 28, 2007, 02:44:12 am »

Ok, this message is maybe not what you think. I do not need instructions for how to use the admin interface, I was just wondering if anyone had ever had the need to write up end-user admin panel instructions for sNews???

Here is why I ask...

I am using sNews for a client and I am going to have to write a how-to booklet for them to admin the site (I know... sNews is so simple, and user friendly... WHO would ever need an instruction manual, but It is included in the deal that I made). So, if someone has already done something like this; then that would help my situation. On the contrary, if there isn't this type of documentation out there in the forum or something, when I have written the instructions for my client, I will post them here and maybe it will be of use to someone someday. There is one thing though, I am not really using the commenting and some other features of the cms as they are not needed by my end users, so there will be room left for additions, and maybe it can be an ongoing post.

Thanks for any help or feedback you guys may have, and heres the url to the site I am working on. http://cwa.hdygmedia.com

Thanks again!

Joost

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 02:59:09 am »

Never encountered an end user tutorial for sNews. I am looking forward to yours. It would be very useful I think. We all overestimate the end user. I am developing a website right now, using CMS-MadeSimple, it is  very user friendly. However, I have to write a tutorial. :rolleyes:
Keyrocks has made a mod, with the enduser in mind. Before you start writing, I advise you to use his version.
[1.6 MOD] Enhanced Admin System and Editor Functions. Just download and install. It is easy and you can do it in just a few minutes while you watch tv.
(ain't that advertising? :D)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 03:07:49 am »

@ Howdy...
I have done a static HTML User Guide for my clients using sNews 1.5 and it would do just as well for 1.6 as the overall functionality is the same in both. The template isn't the best but it explains pretty much all there is to explain. The Admin Panel images depicted are not the same as the default sNews Admin pages either... they are of an earlier 1.5 version of my Enhanced Admin Panels mod... which has also changed substantially again for 1.6.

I should note... though... that all of the content in my User Guide has been contributed to... and included in... a new "Official sNews Site" which will be officially announced by our Headmaster, Luka Cvrk, sometime this week. You could simply point your clients to the Userguide section there. This new site has been in the works for several months, with several of our long-time sNews Dudes contributing to its content on a volunteer basis. It is simple, yet designed to offer a lot more information on the usage and installation of sNews. So... stay tuned and watch for an announcement appearing in the Announcement block at the top of these Forums. :)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Joost

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 03:12:38 am »

Keyrocks, you only need to perform three miracles to get sainted. But when do you stop? :)

howdidyouguess

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 03:19:38 am »

Sounds awesome. Thanks so much. I will follow up soon. :D

howdidyouguess

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 03:35:19 am »

Oh, hey I don't mean to get off topic here, but this message has been moved to the programming section. Thanks for your interest.

Joost

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 03:44:40 am »

@howdidyouguess

Why not post this issue in the programming section? It is not like we are all hanging around on this thread. There is a 'Show recent posts' page ;)

howdidyouguess

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 04:07:51 am »

My bad. Will do.