Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with translations!  (Read 2174 times)

jared351

Help with translations!
« on: June 28, 2007, 12:25:24 am »

I dont know what section i should put this post under so i hope this is the right one.Ive read a couple of the posts here on the forum about having different translations and to be honest i did not understand where they were coming from. Im running a site with snews of course and its in the english language right now...What i want to do is have my site to where people that get on it can click english for english or if they are spanish then they can click on spanish and it will be translated to spanish...A very good example of this would be iugen, and they have something like 10 translations and they all work seamlessly together. Any help on this would be definitely appreciated! Thanks!  :)

Joost

Help with translations!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 02:49:10 am »

sNews is not a typical multi language cms. The translations you find in the translations section, address the admin panel and some of the buttons, hints and  warnings shown to the visitors. However, there are a few mods in development that can do the trick:
http://www.solucija.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5056. Something similar has been done for 1.5 by leo1981

jared351

Help with translations!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 03:29:26 am »

Hey Joost! Thanks for the reply! That pretty much got me in the direction i needed to go...i think leonardo's mod would be the best bet! Thanks! :)