Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: Listing Category Titles:  (Read 1965 times)

Jessica Michelle

• DivaDivine
Listing Category Titles:
« on: June 25, 2007, 12:13:05 am »

Hi to all ;)

I have noticed that SNews displays next to the category name the number of articles related to the category in brackets, something very useful. It ocurrred to me that it would be a nice touch to display the list of article titles related to their category when one clicks on the category name as well.

For example, lets suppose you have a category "Desserts (4)". Currently, this tells you there are 4 articles related to Desserts. When you click on "desserts" you are taken to that category home and the center function displays your articles with their prologues and what not.

It would be nice to display somewhere in the page a simple list of titles only related to that category.  In my still quite poor php i have tried to create a function to have the article titles displayed in a little box as a list in the right column with no avail, which i dubbed "category articles". I think i might need a db query perhaps and i am not sure about the category function i am using is correct? So i ask if someone could help me, lead me through the correct path? It looks easy but my PHP still suffers from syntax errors and this is what still drives me crazy... anyways thanks if anybody can assist me here.

Cheers...
 :cool:
Slutty alright but pretty and with BRAINS

bramsyuur

• http://snews.vietbee.net
Listing Category Titles:
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 12:23:43 am »

Actually, for sNews 1.5 here's a Mod from Philmoz that exactly make that you want. No updates to sNews 1.6 have been made but this mod works well on sNews 1.6w
La comunidad sNews en tu idioma!
Comunidad sNews en Espaņol

Joost

Listing Category Titles:
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 12:45:16 am »

This mod is working in 1.6
Nothing fancy, just displaying a list of page titles with links.