Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problem integrating 1.6 into template.  (Read 2839 times)

Carsten

Problem integrating 1.6 into template.
« on: May 18, 2007, 09:35:11 pm »

Hey guys, I seem to be having a problem while trying to install 1.6.  I have been using 1.4 since about a year ago and am now trying to make the switch and am not sure why I am having difficulties.  Here is my problem:

First off, the website you can see is http://www.liquidorange.net/test/

If you go there and try to leave a comment you get an error saying "Requested contents could not be found. Please go back or use the search feature."

This also happens if you try to login.  This all works perfectly when I use the default index.php that comes with 1.6.  

I did notice that I get problems when I try to use the function function from 1.4.  Is this no longer a valid function?  If so, is there another function that is to be used in its place.  I feel as though my problem is silly and I am just missing something obvious.  

Thanks in advance for the help!

bramsyuur

• http://snews.vietbee.net
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 10:52:16 pm »

Your problem is in the function.
In your template you have make two calls.. Please, remove the <strong><title> ... from your template and put *only*
And...
Quote from: Carsten
I did notice that I get problems when I try to use the function function from 1.4.  Is this no longer a valid function?
This is changed to ... in the original template you can see all the functions that sNews use.
La comunidad sNews en tu idioma!
Comunidad sNews en Espaņol

Carsten

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 11:30:05 pm »

I believe that I have made the changes that you suggested and I am still running into the same problem when trying to post a comment or login.  Do I need to include any other functions in the php file for it to work properly?

Right now I only use the following:

bramsyuur

• http://snews.vietbee.net
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 01:39:47 am »

Quote from: Carsten
Right now I only use the following:
Please, remove the 3... in sNews 1.5.x and 1.6 only are used without numbers.
La comunidad sNews en tu idioma!
Comunidad sNews en Espaņol

Carsten

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 04:06:46 am »

Thanks for the information, I have made that change but am still getting that same error, unfortunately.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 04:29:54 am »

@ Carsten:
The best way to work through your problem is by eliminating the possible causes starting with the most probable one. I assume you have the complete default (virgin) sNews 1.6 package and a complete copy of your existing 1.4 site's files located on your computer.

You should first install sNews 1.6 as a fresh install without any mods or changes. You will also need a fresh new database as well, as the tables are different for 1.6. Once you have this running fine, then go about creating a new index.php file for 1.6 using a copy of your 1.4 index.php file. I suggest this approach because you can get used to 1.6 using the default template (index.php) file and simply switch files later on without affecting the database or anything else.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Carsten

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 07:23:24 am »

keyrocks, not sure what is different this time around but it is working now.  Thanks for the advice!