Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [MOD] TinyMCE editor in Admin  (Read 5858 times)

tuxStyle

[MOD] TinyMCE editor in Admin
« on: May 16, 2007, 10:06:38 pm »

Check: http://snewscms.com/forum/index.php?topic=4541.0
to see ho to use patch.

1. Download tinyMCE editor.
2. Unpack tinyMCE in js directory in your site.
3. Create tinyMce config file with name: tiny_mce_cfg.js in your js directory.
Code: [Select]
tinyMCE.init({
... your configuration for tinyMCE here
});
4. Get the patch: http://www.activestyle.ca/sNews-patch-mod/mod.TinyMCE
5. Apply patch:
Code: [Select]
bin\patch.exe -p1 snews.php < mod.TinyMCEPatch works for sNews 1.6
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 01:40:45 pm by philmoz »

kamikazee

• :: Kamikazee Site ::
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 01:25:23 am »

Please could post full version of sNews and tinyMCE in one zip ready to go.

tuxStyle

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 03:13:57 pm »

Ok.

Here it is: http://www.activestyle.ca/sNews-patch-mod/sN1.6-TinyMCE/sN1.6-TinyMCE.zip

You have to change snews.php to add your database settings (as usual) :)
In css directory you have site.css. Here you have to add your styles which can be used from TinyMCE editor.

I hope it will work for you.

kamikazee

• :: Kamikazee Site ::
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 07:57:24 pm »

Thanks it helped.
UPDATE:
Patch works good my mistake was that I didn't turn off Adblock Plus in FireFox.

feiming

• My sNews Mods
Re: [MOD] TinyMCE editor in Admin
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 05:50:00 pm »

Nice....thanks

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 09:21:20 pm »

I installed TinyMCE today using TuzStyle's download (see first post) which includes an older version of TinyMCE. This is a nice, easy installation and requires no additional modifications. It adds an new Word Editor button to the existing row of default sNews Simple Editor buttons under the content textarea. Clicking it changes the default textarea to the Rich MCE Editor panel with all of its plugins available. The button, now reading as Simple Editor changes the textarea back to default mode.

An Observation on Image Uploading... when using the Insert/Edit Image function... in the resulting popup... there is a "Browse" icon beside the Image URL field... where you would expect to be able to browse to your image on your computer and upload it to the userimages folder. Clicking it opens another popup showing a "404" error. This problem is similar to that experienced with the sNews Calendar project when we first worked with it... anytime we were on a page other than the Home... we'd get the "404" in the popup. My jscript knowledge is still quite limited so I was not able to overcome this issue.

Downloaded and replaced the TinyMCE file-set with the lastest version 3.2.1 and it appears they solved the problem by removing the "Browser" function altogether. It is still necessary to upload your image to your server using the sNews FIle Uploader panel... the inserting the full URL to the image in the URL field. This being the case, the TinyMCE Editor doesn't really offer any more functionality over the simple sNews Editor button for image inserting.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Armen

• http://www.funnydays.ru
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 12:53:16 pm »

An Observation on Image Uploading... when using the Insert/Edit Image function... in the resulting popup... there is a "Browse" icon beside the Image URL field... where you would expect to be able to browse to your image on your computer and upload it to the userimages folder. Clicking it opens another popup showing a "404" error. This problem is similar to that experienced with the sNews Calendar project when we first worked with it... anytime we were on a page other than the Home... we'd get the "404" in the popup. My jscript knowledge is still quite limited so I was not able to overcome this issue...

MCE's file browse callback requires additional upload manager (MCE file/image manager or FCK file manager), which should recieve such callback command from TinyMCE and correctly interpret it.

Check out this article to use FCK file manager in TinyMCE.
Now ogres, oh, they're much worse. They'll make a suit from your freshly peeled skin. They'll shave your liver, squeeze the jelly from your eyes... Actually, it's quite good on toast.

Fyner

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 07:07:23 pm »

maybe someone have this mod normal? without patch etc...