Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Author Topic: Need help!!  (Read 3865 times)

Mohd Fadli Saad

• business as usual
    • apadmedia.com
Need help!!
« on: March 29, 2007, 04:58:36 am »

Hi everyone,
I would like to add  some text into the admin are such the instruction to the moderator, a step by step instruction or just a simple link for the moderator to click inside the admin area only.
Also, i would like to add some text into the upload area so that the moderator know which files can be upload or not as i have limit the file type using some htaccess.

I have try this:
Code: [Select]
$l['info'] = 'You are only allowed to upload jpeg,gif,pdf, and doc into this area.;then i called the function in the admin area with this code:
Code: [Select]
// INFO
function administration() {
        /*some other code*/
echo '

'.l('info').'

';
        /*some other code*/
}
but it doesn't work, just stating some php error on the front page.

The only solution that i have tried is to use popup box, but it really annoying.

Is there any solution to this?any tutorial?
Sorry if I miss the related article, but i've just search throughout the forum, but nothing related.

p/s:I just beginner in PHP,huhu ;)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Need help!!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 05:19:14 am »

I've done a complete sNews User Guide module (static pages only) that's linked from within the main admin panel. You could make your own that way too. Or... you could wait a little while... as I have contributed all of the content from my module to a new sNews site currently in the works. It's a secret... so I can't reveal any more... but once it's made public, you can just add a link to it for your Moderators. :)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Mohd Fadli Saad

• business as usual
    • apadmedia.com
Need help!!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 07:35:43 am »

Quote from: keyrocks
It's a secret... so I can't reveal any more... but once it's made public, you can just add a link to it for your Moderators. :)
Hmm,hear as nice..so I will wait for it .Thanks keyrocks, u r the true sNews dude!!

philmoz

• High flyer
  • ULTIMATE member
    • fiddle 'n fly
Need help!!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 10:51:09 am »

$l['info'] = 'You are only allowed to upload jpeg,gif,pdf, and doc into this area.;
the above is missing a quote on the end...
$l['info'] = 'You are only allowed to upload jpeg,gif,pdf, and doc into this area.';
without the second quote, you will get a php error.
Of all the things I have lost, it is my mind that I miss the most.