Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Article wrapper  (Read 1940 times)

gorrran

Article wrapper
« on: February 21, 2007, 03:54:49 am »

If I understand correctly, we can apply css formatting for comments and infolines, but cannot do that for articles.
How to create "wrapper" div (with "article" css class, for example) for each article?
It would be best if the wrapper would appear on category pages. Maybe a different wrapper (with separate class) would be OK for full article (or the formatting for div with central() function would be sufficient in that case)?

Snews in amazing!

EDIT: Perhaps I should have posted in "Webdesign" forum. There is a similar topic here:
http://www.solucija.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3388

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
Article wrapper
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 10:27:41 am »

Hey, gorran... If I understand you correctly you need each article to be styled... and as I did perform a search (Hehe, yes I did) I found this: http://www.solucija.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1717 Could this be of interest ?
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Article wrapper
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 02:46:43 pm »

You can create/add style declarations in style.css file for any number of custom styles, then wrap all the text in a given article with the division class tags. If you want the article's title to be within the styled container, you can repeat the article title in the body text area... just after the opening div class tag... and choose not to display the article title from the Custom panel. Then the article title and content will all display within the styled container. As an example... if we had a div class styled to give us an article with a tinted background and a light, 1px border, and text at a different size, the styles would all apply with the following in the body text area:

Heading Here

This is the article text here.

Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

brauck

• http://www.hbw-webdesign.nl/
Article wrapper
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 03:29:20 pm »

Quote from: Keyrocks
If you want the article's title to be within the styled container, you can repeat the article title in the body text area... just after the opening div class tag... and choose not to display the article title from the Custom panel. Then the article title and content will all display within the styled container.
When doing so, be aware that you will miss the automatic link to the full article in the article header when you "break" your text.  You have to manually make the link :/
Confidence is reduced complexity.
brauck.nl for free css templates