Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some sorta license required?  (Read 1976 times)

Rehuel Lobato de Mesquita

Some sorta license required?
« on: January 31, 2006, 01:09:00 am »

I'm planning to use sNews for a tutorial website (as mentioned before). I will use banner ad space to help pay for everything involved (writers, translators, design time etc).

Do I need some kind of a commercial license or something? Just to make sure i'm not breaking any rules here!
Stretsh Out...

Procrastination is like masturbation. You do it till you figure out you're only screwing yourself!

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 07:08:10 am »

Nope - The main rule here is "You find it, you use it"... Luka is keen on getting this out there and is such a nice guy that he offers it for free... Even without a link back. The rest of us tend to think that he at least should be credited with a link back...

There is some license talk in the development thread, if you wanna look closer into it.

Patric.
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated

Luka

• Administrator
  • ULTIMATE member
    • http://www.snewscms.com
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 11:08:08 am »

Quote from: Stretsh
I'm planning to use sNews for a tutorial website (as mentioned before). I will use banner ad space to help pay for everything involved (writers, translators, design time etc).

Do I need some kind of a commercial license or something? Just to make sure i'm not breaking any rules here!

As far as I'm concerned, you can use sNews and available templates without commercial licence. Displaying a link to Solucija is up to you.

Rehuel Lobato de Mesquita

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 08:14:36 pm »

You are GREAT, Luka.

I hereby promise to put a small banner for Solucija.com on the site.
Stretsh Out...

Procrastination is like masturbation. You do it till you figure out you're only screwing yourself!