Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Separating the Center Function.  (Read 6987 times)

Ph0eNiX

Separating the Center Function.
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 11:26:42 pm »

Hello, i already wnet to your website but can't really find my way into the website. And isnt html_input() a function that makes the forms HTML ready?

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 09:09:27 am »

No, Phoenix, Not Mikas website, he said Comented sNews.php version - that should be the link number two... sNews Developers Edition.
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated

Ph0eNiX

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 09:30:16 am »

Oh wait i see. Ok thank you.

Ph0eNiX

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006, 10:01:12 am »

I am now at the point where the form is ready. I only need a query to inserr the data. Could
you please tell me where i should insert this query?
I copied a lot of the extra_new function, i hope thats correct. view it here: painlessdesigns.net/cms/news_new.
I will send a pm with pass details.

Patric Ahlqvist

• ULTIMATE member
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2006, 01:50:55 pm »

Phoenix... I don't really know what you mean. And...the user - pass don't work. for me. I can't logon.
Updated

Ph0eNiX

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2006, 04:32:20 pm »

OK sorry let me explain. I have edited the file snews.php so the page news_new in the adminpanel would come up. Now it looks exactly like the extra_new function. The only thing that has to be done yet is creating a query to put it into my database. My question is: Is it ok to use the same settings as extra_new and where should i insert my querie. Try again i removed the htaccess. Thanks :)

Patric Ahlqvist

• ULTIMATE member
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 09:02:45 pm »

I'm sorry, Phoenix... I still don't get it. I'll leave this for someone else to answer..
Updated

Ph0eNiX

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2006, 09:15:49 pm »

Can you tell me waht you don't understand?

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2006, 09:56:30 pm »

Well... I haven't read over your code line-byline... but if you have created a completely new content function in the same way we create a new extra (as outlined by DOM in his MOD), then it is a matter of assigning a NEW position number to the new function. All content types - whether it is center content, extra content or pages content - is assigned a specific position number in sNews... and all content types get saved to the articles table. What makes content display where is is supposed to - as center, or extra, or as a page - is the position number assigned to it... and that number is also saved to the articles table along with the content.

So... when you make new content positioning functions, your first new function will need the number 9 assigned to it (as all numbers below that are already used and not available)... and you always number each new content position function after that with a number higher. In other words your first new function will use the number 9, the next one can use the number 10, the next can use number 11... and so on.

And... aside from all the other little modifications required for every new content position function... that is it. If you haven't done so yet, have a look at DOM's MOD for the full story on what is required for each new content position function.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 08:30:54 pm by Keyrocks »
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU
Pages: 1 [2]