Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: CD created on Win98 couldnot be open on XP  (Read 4102 times)

Armen

• http://www.funnydays.ru
CD created on Win98 couldnot be open on XP
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 07:27:04 pm »

Quote from: Zucye
On the other hand SerpatiN, these are not music CD, they were data CD (accounting records, letters, some picures, spreesheet, etc)

Keys:  I think I can partion the HD, but having only one drive.  Will it be posible to have one part XP and one part Win 98??  I won't attemp installing another HD!
It doesn't matter if the disk is DATA or MUSIC or whatever actually. The only thing that matters - it's NOT empty.

I used to have both Win98 and WinXP on one partitioned hard drive. It won't ruin anything to install Win98 unless you know what and how you're doing. If you don't - ask a fellow computer-guy to help, because it's a long and boring crusade to take by yourself.
Now ogres, oh, they're much worse. They'll make a suit from your freshly peeled skin. They'll shave your liver, squeeze the jelly from your eyes... Actually, it's quite good on toast.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 09:34:56 pm »

Z... Here are some good resources to help you get familiar with what is involved in setting up a dual-boot system on your hard drive.
Dual-booting Win98 and XP
Setting up a Dual-Boot Drive
Microsoft's Dual Boot Setup Instructions
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

bramsyuur

• http://snews.vietbee.net
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 03:00:40 am »

Hi Zucye!
Please, try to install this app for reading Packed Writing UDF's dics in winxp form Roxio...
http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/udf/software_updates.html
Thanks,
bram.

PD: You need to install Roxio Writing package first!
La comunidad sNews en tu idioma!
Comunidad sNews en Español

Zucye

• Simplemente una Mujer
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 02:53:57 pm »

Quote from: bramsyuur
http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/udf/software_updates.html
Nice, thanks a lot, now I am able to read some of the discs.

Quote from: bramsyuur
[url]PD: You need to install Roxio Writing package first!
You mean the DirectCD software?
We can always learn from our failures, not so much from obvious success - C. Robinson (W. Disney). :)

Zucye

• Simplemente una Mujer
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 03:03:54 pm »

Quote from: keyrocks
Z... Here are some good resources to help you get familiar with what is involved in setting up a dual-boot system on your hard drive.
Keys, it sound easy until you used the word "dual-boot", never the less I shall try!

Quote from: SerpantiN
ask a fellow computer-guy to help, because it's a long and boring crusade to take by yourself
You are probably right, but here, I am the “computer guy” as well.  They wait for me to give up before calling a technician… besides I have this forum to bug, if something goes wrong  :D
We can always learn from our failures, not so much from obvious success - C. Robinson (W. Disney). :)

Zucye

• Simplemente una Mujer
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2006, 06:23:51 pm »

Quote from: SerpantiN
They are worth, man. I've never seen NERO not recognizing a recorded CD/DVD. That's why I'm so alerted.
Now you shoudl really, really be altered.  I installed new newest version (7) and I am still not able to see anything.  But maybe I am doing it wrong.  Whould you detail, how would you do it??  I tried several ways and I know the cd is not empy, beacues after I installed the Roxio update recomended by bramsyuur, I am able to see SOME of the files with ISOBuster.
Pages: 1 [2]