Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: Happy Halloween  (Read 3358 times)

Zucye

• Simplemente una Mujer
Happy Halloween
« on: October 31, 2006, 12:46:41 am »

Happy Halloween to all
trick or treat!!! :)   :P  :rolleyes:
We can always learn from our failures, not so much from obvious success - C. Robinson (W. Disney). :)

Gypsy

• Designs By Gypsy
Happy Halloween
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 12:50:38 am »

Hope you all get lotsa treats!

My baby and I are going tomorrow night...as he can't eat much in the candy world, he's getting presents for mommy!  He gets to keep the suckers/lollipops though.   :D
Gypsy Gyp·sy (jip'se)
Vagrant, A Wanderer, faery,
One who lives a carefree life
One inclined to a unconventional way of life.

Rob

• http://www.ruthinweather.co.uk
Happy Halloween
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 08:51:20 am »

Think its good fun for the kids!  :cool:
The road the righteous travel is like the sunrise, getting brighter and brighter until daylight has come.

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • “I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.”
    • p-ahlqvist.com
Happy Halloween
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 10:45:27 am »

f*ck Halloween. I can understand the american holiday, if it indeed is one, when in america, but we have that shit in sweden aswell without any connections to anything at all besides the comersial industrie. Here it's all about selling things to kids, nothing else... No connection to anything at all.... That makes me mad ;)
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated

Rob

• http://www.ruthinweather.co.uk
Happy Halloween
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 11:16:25 am »

Totally Agree with Patric!  :mad:
The road the righteous travel is like the sunrise, getting brighter and brighter until daylight has come.

Armen

• http://www.funnydays.ru
Happy Halloween
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 12:34:06 pm »

Quote from: Patric
f*ck Halloween. I can understand the american holiday, if it indeed is one, when in america, but we have that shit in sweden aswell without any connections to anything at all besides the comersial industrie. Here it's all about selling things to kids, nothing else... No connection to anything at all.... That makes me mad ;)
Same thing here in Moscow, Patric. Very same.

I don't get it too.
Now ogres, oh, they're much worse. They'll make a suit from your freshly peeled skin. They'll shave your liver, squeeze the jelly from your eyes... Actually, it's quite good on toast.

Fred K

• Still trying to learn stuff
  • ULTIMATE member
    • Personal
Happy Halloween
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 03:34:24 pm »

Patric, I feel you regarding Hallo-fecking-ween. Back in the day it was just  a day for visiting the cemetary to honour passed family, friends, relatives, loved ones ... whatever ... dogs (remember - "the Day of All Saints"?), but now it's an imported partynight. To us Europeans -- and possibly others outside of the Americas -- Halloween makes little to no sense.

But, we have the exact same thing going on at Easter! At least in Sweden we do. On the Thursday before Easter, all the kids in the 'hood dress up as witches and wizards, complete with broomsticks and warted noses, and go house pestering for ...wait for it ...candy. So we can't really step to Halloween, can we now? :lol:

Happy f*cking Halloween y'all! ;D

4Sandrix

• http://fedrick.deviantart.com
Happy Halloween
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 04:45:57 pm »

Quote from: SerpantiN
Same thing here in Moscow, Patric. Very same.

I don't get it too.
Same here
I'm kind of like Han Solo always strokin' my own Wookiee
I'm the root of all that's evil yeah but you can call me Cookie

Mika

• http://www.ni5ni6.com/
Happy Halloween
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 04:57:54 pm »

agree with agent's post, but with small addition: fuck the parents and their different customs - I want candies NOW :lol:
http://www.ni5ni6.com/ - Tutorials, Mods and How-To's about sNews CMS
sNews 1.6 Developers Edition - commented sNews 1.6 version

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Happy Halloween
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 05:05:37 pm »

Quote from: Patric
Well... don't include Canada in the "Americas" class of nations... even tho Canada does happen to be in North America. I have to agree with Patric too. Hallowe'en in not a holiday... per-se. When I was a kid (about 50 years ago) it was simpler. We carved up a pumpkin and put it on the front veranda, dressed up as lumberjacks and pirates, and went trick-or-treating.Treats were home-made in those days... and many families in our neighbourhood had parties... bobbing for applies in washtubs of water... etc. When we got to be too old for the dress-up thing, we resorted to the tricks... like moving people's cars from one driveway to another or pushing them down a back-lane somewhere... or hanging a Volkswagon beetle upside-down on the school flagpole... or setting a small island in the lake on fire with old car tires and gasoline... just good old fashioned pranks. Today, its nothing more than an over-commercialized sales period for big-box retailers, and competitions in the neighbourhood to see who can set up the most junk on their front lawns. Bleaaaughh ! I do like the left-over chocolate bars tho.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Jason Kingery

• http://denial-design.com
Happy Halloween
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 10:17:25 pm »

Hey now.. I LOVE this time of year, I like dressing up in costumes, and going out to theme parties, women as school girls, giving kids candy... YAY!!!

Anyways,....

Happy Halloween, if you want it to be happy, or Bah Humbug if you don't ... >:)

Gypsy

• Designs By Gypsy
Happy Halloween
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 03:04:32 am »

Well, Elijah and I just got back from trick or treating.  Here in the SMALL town we live in, local businesses set up booths on main street and pass out candy to everyone -- children small & big!

I remember when I was young, we just went door to door on our street and got candy & goodies...even some home made brownies or cookies...we'd walk with all our friends doing this.  It was like a competition too for the best decorations in the front yards.  I remember scarecrows sitting on toilets and graveyards and skeletons and things/bodies hanging from trees.  It was really fun....one of my favorite holidays here.

I even dressed up every year til I was 22 (the year before I was pregnant with Elijah).  The grins & giggles are the best of it. :)

Today I made Elijah's costume.  He went as a lion -- full mane and tail  (all created very quickly, I'll share pics soon).  My neighbor went as Dorothy and her friend as the scarecrow (from wizard of oz).  And we got to main street to do our rounds to gather candy...and there were LOTS of people dressed from that movie.  I guess that was a big thing this year for some reason.

But I understand why some don't celebrete Halloween...this is something my siblings never celebrated as they grew up with my mom and they don't celebrate holidays at all including christmas, easter, etc.  I understand the meaning behind it...but I choose to celebrate as it's all fun & games.  Just another reason to spend some extra time with the youngin's and concentrate on their little imaginations and watch the smiles on their faces!   :D
Gypsy Gyp·sy (jip'se)
Vagrant, A Wanderer, faery,
One who lives a carefree life
One inclined to a unconventional way of life.