Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Author Topic: Too many connections...  (Read 2778 times)

jackmonroe

Too many connections...
« on: October 23, 2006, 08:17:46 pm »

Hi my name is Tej Kohli, I buyed a server recently but it doesn't work as I expected i I get this message often "too many connections" is this a PHP related problem?

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Too many connections...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 08:51:41 pm »

Quote from: jackmonroe
Hi my name is Tej Kohli, I buyed a server recently but it doesn't work as I expected i I get this message often "too many connections" is this a PHP related problem?
Welcome to our sNews Community, Tej Kohli (aka - Jack Monroe)! There aren't any server operators here AFAIK. Maybe if you give us your hardware specs and tell us what server bundle you are trying to run on your server... someone might have an idea where to start. Are you wanting to run your own host server for online use, or just for offline development work?
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

celebro

Too many connections...
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 04:35:40 am »

'too many connections' in general pertains to MySQL connections to the database, this is a rare feet mostly accomplished when your site is being dugg by popular sites like digg.com. Or your you have a very high load of traffic to your site.

If you have a very high load of users to your website you might want to consult with your hosting provider to increase the connections or you might want to think of moving on to a better solution such as a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or even a dedicated server.

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
Too many connections...
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 07:01:53 am »

Quote from: celebro
'too many connections' in general pertains to MySQL connections to the database, this is a rare feet mostly accomplished when your site is being dugg by popular sites like digg.com. Or your you have a very high load of traffic to your site.

If you have a very high load of users to your website you might want to consult with your hosting provider to increase the connections or you might want to think of moving on to a better solution such as a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or even a dedicated server.
I get this every week sometime. I can't get to my templates. The original site is ok most of the time, but not the templates, that is subfolders to my site... And I get from supplier that there are too many connections, I don't have that much traffic, or I have difficulty believing that my page is dugg by digg... More possible solutions ?
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated