Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trip to Europe  (Read 4115 times)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Trip to Europe
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 03:19:34 pm »

Quote from: mika
if you have concerns about exchange rates, might be a good idea to check them before going on a trip (and eventually convert your money at home)
yes - convert your U.S. currency to Euros before you leave America. You likely already know this, but international airports usually have Currency shops where you can convert, but they will charge you a fee of 3 to 4% of the transaction value... such as $3.00 or $4.00 on a transaction converting $100.

On voltage adapters - something that handles 1000 watts should do it, but check the label(s) on your high-consumption appliances... like the hair dryer... to be sure... it is good to have a margin of about 150 to 200 watts over the rated consumption on the appliance. Most decent hotels now have hair dryers in their bathrooms these days.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Zucye

• Simplemente una Mujer
Trip to Europe
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 05:01:31 am »

Quote from: Grudgeuk
One other thing you might like to consider is a mobile phone(Cell Phone), you will need at least a triband phone as in Europe we use a different mobile network to the US.
Great point Grudgeuk!  I really appreciate your feedback.  The issue of the cell did not even cross my mind.  What a crazy world, different frequencies, different voltage, different currency, different language....

Mika, I will most certainly do that.

Keyrocks, once again thank you for all your help.  I am really glad I posted here, you guys are really Cool :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
We can always learn from our failures, not so much from obvious success - C. Robinson (W. Disney). :)
Pages: 1 [2]