Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Author Topic: Looking for ready-to-go template and snews  (Read 4797 times)

DavidRacho

Looking for ready-to-go template and snews
« on: September 12, 2006, 05:00:50 pm »

Hi there,

Patrick says this is the place to request and for people who can't afford to pay. So here is mine:

I want a template very much like the StrategicBusinessDesigns, that's already working with snews.

I will probably put a blog and a forum. The blog will be blogger, ftp'd to a folder /blog and the forum will be punbb (or something similar.)

I think that's it. I'm too dumb to figure out how to PHP'alize the html template, my brain cells aren't working.

I'd like it in red too. I made some modifications to the styles.css and here is a picture of how it ends up. Click for full version.

Names have been blotched out to protect privacy. This is going to be for a school org, and I sincerely thank the kind soul who will do this (albeit very simple) request with no form of compensation whatsover.

Otherwise, someone teach me how to convert the template to snews ready format 1.5.

I was playing around with joomla but it caused me a big headache. (something to upgrade to later maybe, or probably will never need to what with snews being so nice already.)

Thank you.

I like simple.

Edit: P.S. would be nice if you stick in some Google Adsense somewhere there, like maybe near the navigation, and on the side or center or top (where to logo.gif is supposed to be).

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 06:28:05 pm »

Quote from: David
Hi there,

I'm too dumb to figure out how to PHP'alize the html template, my brain cells aren't working. I'd like it in red too.  P.S. would be nice if you stick in some Google Adsense somewhere there
Well... we could also put red-line racing slicks on it to match the red... and sign a contract for Adsense revenue sharing... with the proceeds being donated to the sNews project... how does that sound?

Davey, me lad... no one is too short on brain cells to copy and paste the PHP parts of the index.php into another index.html and re-name that to index.php (after re-naming the virgin index.php to XX_index.php ti temporarily disable it). The ONLY way to learn how to do it is to DO it. When placing the php function statements in parts of the new file... refresh your browser page regularly to see how the changes affect the layout. You'll get the hang of it... that's how we all learned to do it. C'mon Davey... give it your best shot! :)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 07:01:41 pm »

Hehe, I said that requests may be done here, sure... But, David...welcome by the way ;).. A dear welcome song is sung to you, which ends with a "thijooo" (Had to add that last for it to rime :))...

But, David... and here's my thought on requesting a whole website, some of the poeple on here do website's and actually get paid for it, which means that if they where to do a website for you, they would most likely want to be paid... Not saying that this is a truth to which all must obey, but it's damn close...

Annnnd, might I add (if I haven't understood you wrong) asking for the website to contain "Blogger" on the sNews site, hehe... that's like swearing in the curch...

I hope that you will get help with this, but I suggest you take Key's advice...

Patric.
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated

Patric Ahlqvist

• ULTIMATE member
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 08:40:49 pm »

Hehe, my swedish backbone wants to talk swedish, so sometimes the languages get mixed up, sorry.
Updated

Mika

• http://www.ni5ni6.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 12:58:26 am »

:D
http://www.ni5ni6.com/ - Tutorials, Mods and How-To's about sNews CMS
sNews 1.6 Developers Edition - commented sNews 1.6 version

Patric Ahlqvist

• ULTIMATE member
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 07:34:40 am »

Come on gimme you best shot ;)... That's what I like about this place ;)... The comments falls like hard rain. Nice comments aswell as the "giving you a hard time" one's... I'll be sure to get you with one soon, bob :lol:
Updated

DavidRacho

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 09:45:37 am »

Oh, I wasn't requesting a whole website, just the template already working. Don't worry, I'll figure it out one of these days. I thought I'd try asking.

As for the blogger thing, well, blogger (not the beta) spits out regular static html pages, which should get FTP'd to a subdirectory of the main site. I think I'll put very old ancient articles there. They can co-exist right? Blogs (blogger in particular) is not your usual CMS. The main site will still be in the sNews template, the front page. The main page will contain immediate announcements, the freshest info, org activities, etc.

But if that still sounds like swearing in church ... (reminds me of Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate, he didn't swear, but he stuck his finger in Holy Water.)

Thank you all for your comments, I think a few neurons may have awakened. I'm doing this project pro-bono for the org.

Patric Ahlqvist

• ULTIMATE member
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 10:15:47 am »

Hi again. Everything can coexist with snews, hehe... well, almost ;). You just may have to include the blogger thingy. and templates already working exists, although perhaps not like the one you proposed. But you could have a looksie at templates here:

http://www.brauck.nl/home/templates/
http://www.free-css-templates.com/home/free_css_xhtml_templates/
http://snews.awddesign.co.uk/snews/index.php?category=3
http://www.design4.ltd.pl/szablony/
http://p-ahlqvist.com/home/snews_designs/

Patric. (Sorry if I forgot anyone's templates page ;))
Updated