Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HELP ME integrating FCKeditor !!  (Read 4534 times)

AgniZ

HELP ME integrating FCKeditor !!
« on: September 06, 2006, 04:56:26 pm »

friends, Please, I have tried (several times) to install FCKEditor with no succes.
Sometime ago I tried to instal TinyMce but it always failed with IE so recently I decided to use widgEditor... but it is a little weak when compared to FCKeditor.
So, please, anyone... guide me about WHERE to put the following (wich I got from FCKeditor HELP Documentation)... where and how should I use it to replace textarea??

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 05:37:33 pm »

Welcome to our sNews Community AgniZ... and don't despair. There must be a solution out there somewhere. I don't need fancier editors on my sNews installations (yet) but I know a couple of my clients would like it. So I've been trying to get FCK Editor working on one of my offline sNews installs.I've been following the very simple documentation on the "home" site... but it just doesn't want to function in sNews for me, yet the test pages in the FCKEditor package display and function fine. I am puzzled. Though I have better things to do right now... I would like to solve the mystery too. :)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

AgniZ

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 08:48:03 pm »

Hey Keyrocks

At least ! yes, my mood has been next do dispair... sorry! Well, thank you for posting your sincere words on this subject. Since I came in touch with sNews I got completely excited. It is an amazing contribution to the market and a piece of art due to its simplicity.
One point which I think it is important is a (as you said) fancier editor because the site management may go on the otherīs hand (imagine someone not familiar with Codes etc...)
So...I will keep waiting for some possibile solucijian (oops, solution!)! Thanks anyway !

Yours

AgniZ
BRAZIL

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 09:05:04 pm »

Hey there AgniZ...  A POSITIVE UPDATE.  I currently am using FCKEditor in the New Article and Edit Article panels and it is functioning OK. I still need to test it a lot more and clean up the whole thing... but it works. I've ended up with a slight mod of the PHP Integration method. :) Stay tuned!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 10:44:52 pm »

AgniZ... OK... I have PHP Integration of FCKEditor into sNews 1.4 worked out... at least enough to get anyone started with it. I've posted the procedure under a new topic here - http://www.solucija.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=12728#p12728. Let us know if you get it working and how it turns out. :)

AgniZ

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 11:02:56 pm »

Hey Keyrocks ! Great ! Excellent job ! By now, everything is working properly. Thank you very much !!

AgniZ