Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: EasyPHP help...perhaps ??  (Read 5969 times)

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
EasyPHP help...perhaps ??
« on: December 30, 2005, 03:19:57 pm »

So I've managed to get the easyPHP installation to work on a windows 2000 server, I can view the site in the browser when typing h.t.t.p://localhost/. I even managed to connect a client to the server (networking isn't my thingy really) in a local network. My question now is...

Why can't I access the h.t.t.p://localhost from the client ? It works beautifully from the server it self, and I can access folders and stuff from the client on the server, but localhost or 127.0.0.1 do not work...I'm starting to pull my hair soon :(

Patric.
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated

George Antoniadis

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 04:01:01 pm »

LAN Crap 101! :P

Either you have connected your server (the pc with easyPhp) and the client just via a crossover cable or through a router/switch/hub/wifi or whatever both pcs must have an IP address like:
192.168.x.x, 10.0.0.x or something like this... (NOT THE INTERNET IP YOUR ISP GIVES YOU)
(you can find this by checking the network connection status (control panel) or by typing ipconfig /all in cmd)

just go to your client pc and type in the server's IP address...
:) that should work... just be sure to enable port 80 and 8080 in windows firewall :)
How I feel like I'm starless, I'm ready to fade now.
And how I feel like I'm starless, I'm hopeless and greyed out.

Patric Ahlqvist

• ULTIMATE member
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 04:23:50 pm »

Hey A...Thanks for replying...

Well, I have connected the two via a router. When checking the network connection on my pc, the client I have a static IP 192.168.60.6, and the server has 192.168.60.5... Subnetmask is 255.255.255.0, default gateway is 192.168.60.254 on both machines. And likewise is the preffered DNS server 192.168.60.1 on both machines.

I can't access the localhost by typing h.t.t.p//192.168.60.5 or by adding a trailing slash or ending with the index.php...
Updated

Patric Ahlqvist

• ULTIMATE member
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 12:25:16 pm »

Well, A helped me solve this on MSN last night...So now it works. Had to do with the Apache config file...Add the correct IP adress instead of 127.0.0.1 that was there and the problems solved...You have to connect to that same IP though, not 127.0.0.1 ot localhost.

Thanks analyzerx for helping me out.

Patric.
Updated

bryn

• http://www.cssugly.com
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 02:41:33 pm »

the guy clearly knows his stuff Patric buddy..glad he managed to help you sort out what you wanted to do..it's an interesting idea for sure ;D
Over 1,000 posts of joy, sNews is not only brilliant, but fun too! thanks guys :D

George Antoniadis

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 04:36:29 pm »

I haven't used easyphp much since 1.7 so I didn't know about the ip bindings... ://
I'll make a clean installation one of these days and complete the guide about installing sNews on easyPhp and stuff... ://

Using VMware to have a linux apache and mysql installtion is the best thing EVER! ^_^ :P
How I feel like I'm starless, I'm ready to fade now.
And how I feel like I'm starless, I'm hopeless and greyed out.