Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Author Topic: localhost - intranet...Any Networkers out there ?  (Read 4823 times)

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
localhost - intranet...Any Networkers out there ?
« on: December 22, 2005, 07:56:59 pm »

A thought... I'm doing an Intranet for the first time ever. And as such, one small "strip" of sNews will be presented as an avtive desktop in order to show news every hour upon the hour. All this is delt with and works great. I have tested this online with an uploaded version of the page, but on the http://127.0.01 the active desktop thingy do not work...(The page loads and works perfectly in the browser, but not as A-T)

My thought then *stop nagging and give us your thought already* is that I can't have a site located at http://127.0.0.1 and present it at the same pc as an avtive desktop ??? That do not seem to be correct when trying to access an HTML page on the same pc, 'coz that works :(

I can access the site online when the material isn't on my local server as an active desktop, but not when I run it locally. Would it go better if I tried to access it locally from another pc within a network, you think ??? (Have currently no possibility to try, hence the question)

Me wondering if anybody have a local network at home and snews on it could see if there is trouble viewing the page as an A-T on the server, and then try it on a client... ??

"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated

George Antoniadis

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 08:51:33 pm »

what's A-T? o_O
How I feel like I'm starless, I'm ready to fade now.
And how I feel like I'm starless, I'm hopeless and greyed out.

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 07:49:25 am »

My own short for Active deskTop...Hehe, one could say that if I had been fully operating, brainwise, I would have written A-D, but I didn't...

So, no thoughts here then
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated

George Antoniadis

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 04:02:37 pm »

just check the new post! :P hehhhh~ :P instead of locahost or 127.0.0.1 type the server's ip ;P
How I feel like I'm starless, I'm ready to fade now.
And how I feel like I'm starless, I'm hopeless and greyed out.