Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Formal Intro to "the one and only"  (Read 22344 times)

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • “I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.”
    • p-ahlqvist.com
Formal Intro to "the one and only"
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2006, 06:56:07 am »

Quote from: Gypsy
...just imagine if we were all in a room sitting at a large table...guess who'd have the most attention?  :)
Mhm...I know...Erh, no...perhaps...keyrocks ??  Chilleet, 39, eh ? Well, that's no age on a horse. You still got a few years in ya. I should know. Also 39. Like the Queen song. We're like wine, you and I. We only get better by the years.

And mature...What lies in that word, really ? I think some wouldn't call me mature as I'm kind of...well, not like others ;). But there is a serious side to me that I'm confident comes with age...So maturity (is that correct?) is a insight, "being able" to feel empathy, and so on...Hehe Ok then I'm mature, but I do not want to be mature if I'm supposed to be like regular 39'ers (isn't that a footballteam or something over there ?)

Patric, 39 and proud of it.
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated

Gypsy

• Designs By Gypsy
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2006, 07:12:08 am »

Quote from: Patric
Quote from: Gypsy
...just imagine if we were all in a room sitting at a large table...guess who'd have the most attention?  :)
Mhm...I know...Erh, no...perhaps...keyrocks ??  Chilleet, 39, eh ? Well, that's no age on a horse. You still got a few years in ya. I should know. Also 39. Like the Queen song. We're like wine, you and I. We only get better by the years.

And mature...What lies in that word, really ? I think some wouldn't call me mature as I'm kind of...well, not like others ;). But there is a serious side to me that I'm confident comes with age...So maturity (is that correct?) is a insight, "being able" to feel empathy, and so on...Hehe Ok then I'm mature, but I do not want to be mature if I'm supposed to be like regular 39'ers (isn't that a footballteam or something over there ?)

Patric, 39 and proud of it.
First, it's the 49ers (I love football and futball - I know, WEIRD).

Most 39 year olds these days, (my parents being 42 & 43, I just saw them go through that age) aren't like the 39 year olds that your parents (my grandparents) were.  My parents *deep breathe* are probably pretty cool considering that they are my parents.    When I think old, I think 60ish...not upper 30's.  Maturity isn't a number at all.  It's all in your personality.  Lord knows, I'm mature...

only when I want to be.  :)
Gypsy Gyp·sy (jip'se)
Vagrant, A Wanderer, faery,
One who lives a carefree life
One inclined to a unconventional way of life.

Patric Ahlqvist

• ULTIMATE member
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2006, 07:21:26 am »

Hehe, ok so if you, a 24 year old is mature then it can't be that dangerous, right... I'm mature :)

That word is so ugly...MATURE... sound like a furniture. - "I'm gonna buy me a MATURE and lie in it all day long...".

Yea, 49'ers... sorry. Don't know all that much about american fotball. More of a soccer and hockey man myself.
Updated

Patric Ahlqvist

• ULTIMATE member
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2006, 07:22:43 am »

Nicole...That is your beatiful name isn't it  ;) ? Anyways...looked around some on your http://www.rsimagazine.com/site/ and noticed something... the center function is somewhat "drawn to" the right a bit to much... You know that, of course, just thought I'd mention it...
Updated

Gypsy

• Designs By Gypsy
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2006, 09:06:56 am »

Nicole...That is your beatiful name isn't it  ;) ? Anyways...looked around some on your http://www.rsimagazine.com/site/ and noticed something... the center function is somewhat "drawn to" the right a bit to much... You know that, of course, just thought I'd mention it...
That is my middle name...Gypsy is the first name.  Questions?  Ask my mom, ha.

Yeah, I'm not too found of the design so I wasn't worried about fixing that little deal...I'm in the midst of coming up with a redesign.  That was the first time I have used sNews too.  I had to test it on something as soon as I found it...I've been registered her since July 2nd...and found sNews only a few days before.

DENiAL and I were going through some PHP 'stuff' today and I am played around with my first tableless layout too.  All this good stuff now to work into my next design ;)
Gypsy Gyp·sy (jip'se)

Gypsy

• Designs By Gypsy
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2006, 09:08:05 am »

Hehe, ok so if you, a 24 year old is mature then it can't be that dangerous, right... I'm mature :)

That word is so ugly...MATURE... sound like a furniture. - "I'm gonna buy me a MATURE and lie in it all day long...".

Yea, 49'ers... sorry. Don't know all that much about american fotball. More of a soccer and hockey man myself.
can't be dangerous?  Hmm...don't think you know who you're talking too :P  Remember fairies are mischievious creatures.
Gypsy Gyp·sy (jip'se)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2006, 05:31:51 pm »

Gypsy wrote:
Just imagine if we were all in a room sitting at a large table...guess who'd have the most attention?
Partic wrote:
Have some fun and turn this post into a Never Ending Story where each poster adds another paragraph to the story.

Hmmm... just imagine... a group of 39-and-under sNoosers on horses sitting at a large table. They are all here for a special meeting. Just one of those present is old enough to have fathered them all and rode in on the only white stallion at the table. He is chosen to chair the meeting for his wisdom and experience.

They have assembled to decide whether or not Patric's probation period should end or be extended. His performance at this meeting will determine the outcome.

Patric was put on probation a year ago by his fellow sNoosers for his own good. He sufferes with an affliction known as BBS (Buttock Blindness Syndrome). Whenever an attractive woman passes by, Patric's eyes are instinctily drawn to her buttocks and he falls into a trance that causes him to drool, stutter and drop to his knees. He is unable to focus on anything else until the buttocks are no longer in site. During his probation, Patric was forbidden from being in any situation that would provide him with a direct line-of-site to any female buttocks. If all goes well, his probation period will end today.

Believing that life just keeps getting better with age - Patric instantly renews his interest in the opposite sex by offering to share a bottle of wine with Gypsy. This is a form of repentence... a way of saying "I'm cured and ready to meet new ladies face first!" In his haste, though, he neglects to share the wine with Luka, DENial, Mika, Sasha, Keyrocks and Chilleet. They are not amused.

(continue the story...)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Fred K

• Still trying to learn stuff
  • ULTIMATE member
    • Personal
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2006, 11:39:34 pm »

Hi Gypsy, welcome. It's fun to see how a little stardust will turn the heads of grown men (and Patric, lol). Keep it up!

Gypsy

• Designs By Gypsy
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2006, 05:42:03 am »

Quote from: agentsmith
Hi Gypsy, welcome. It's fun to see how a little stardust will turn the heads of grown men (and Patric, lol). Keep it up!
Thanks for the welcome, agentsmith!  Obviously you know the routine of us fae ;)  I like to see men jump, ergh..turn their heads like you said.  Patric won't STOP turning his head at me -- it's starting to get rather scary.
Gypsy Gyp·sy (jip'se)

Fred K

• Still trying to learn stuff
  • ULTIMATE member
    • Personal
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2006, 04:07:41 pm »

hehe, just poke him in the eye if he gets too close. ;D
Say, that's a nice style you've given RSImagazine. Coincidentally, I just started doing a poster design for an artist agency that also features a lively crowd silhouette, worn background and slightly eroded/faded block type... eerie how things go around... ;D
Think I'm gonna go redo the poster now. lol

Patric Ahlqvist

• ULTIMATE member
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2006, 04:17:37 pm »

Wohoo, hold your horses - "Patric won't STOP turning his head at me -- it's starting to get rather scary." :). I mearly made a first connection... Turning heads comes later, and it aint me thats gonna turn head *spoken with confidence* ;)
Updated

Patric Ahlqvist

• ULTIMATE member
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2006, 04:22:58 pm »

They have assembled to decide whether or not Patric's probation period should end or be extended. His performance at this meeting will determine the outcome.

Patric was put on probation a year ago by his fellow sNoosers for his own good. He sufferes with an affliction known as BBS (Buttock Blindness Syndrome). Whenever an attractive woman passes by, Patric's eyes are instinctily drawn to her buttocks and he falls into a trance that causes him to drool, stutter and drop to his knees. He is unable to focus on anything else until the buttocks are no longer in site. During his probation, Patric was forbidden from being in any situation that would provide him with a direct line-of-site to any female buttocks. If all goes well, his probation period will end today.

Believing that life just keeps getting better with age - Patric instantly renews his interest in the opposite sex by offering to share a bottle of wine with Gypsy. This is a form of repentence... a way of saying "I'm cured and ready to meet new ladies face first!" In his haste, though, he neglects to share the wine with Luka, DENial, Mika, Sasha, Keyrocks and Chilleet. They are not amused.
ROFL my ass off :)
Updated

Gypsy

• Designs By Gypsy
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2006, 08:33:24 am »

Wohoo, hold your horses - "Patric won't STOP turning his head at me -- it's starting to get rather scary." :). I mearly made a first connection... Turning heads comes later, and it aint me thats gonna turn head *spoken with confidence* ;)
What do you say you're doing over there now then?

*coughs* Referring to avatar! *coughs*
Gypsy Gyp·sy (jip'se)

Patric Ahlqvist

• ULTIMATE member
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2006, 08:41:10 am »

Ok, then...just a little ;)
Updated

Gypsy

• Designs By Gypsy
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2006, 08:41:51 am »

Quote from: agentsmith
hehe, just poke him in the eye if he gets too close. ;D
Say, that's a nice style you've given RSImagazine. Coincidentally, I just started doing a poster design for an artist agency that also features a lively crowd silhouette, worn background and slightly eroded/faded block type... eerie how things go around... ;D
Think I'm gonna go redo the poster now. lol
Thanks for the compliment on the design.  I'm not so satisfied with it - I love the header, however I don't like the navigation / layout.  I'm redesigning it again now.  Not sure if the silhouette is staying around...possibly though.  

Any ideas for it anyone?  Here's the description about the site for more info...The content hasn't been transferred to the layout that is up now (since I was hand coding it all, html.  No php or content management system was previously used).  If anyone has ideas at all for what they would like to see in a site like this, let me know....I'm open for ALL suggestions ;)

What is RSI?

http://www.RSImagazine.com

The cool version:

RSImagazine is an online 'zine that attempts to spread the word of unsigned & indie music to the general public through interviews and reviews. We also showcase our favorite artists, photographers, journalists, poets, etc. And that's good for you because we keep you up-to-date on all the sweet stuff!

The professional version:

RSI stands for Rising Stars Inc and is a part of the RisingStarsInc.com Network. RSI is an online source containing personal opinions in the form of reviews about new music. It serves to document the activities of unsigned, indie and newly signed musicians of all genres in an online magazine form. RSI also contains interviews conducted by staff members with musicians and industry representatives.
What are RSI's goals?

1. To provide a space allowing people to share their experiences as an artist or fan of unsigned and independent music.

2. To act as a media liason to encourage positive mainstream acceptance of unsigned and independent musicians activities.

3. To never judge one musician as more "right" than another whether they are signed, unsigned or an independent artist and to never succumb to public (mainstream or non-mainstream) pressure to draw this line.

4. To work with other promotional groups and web-sites to further our common goals.

5. To showcase new talent as it comes available.
Gypsy Gyp·sy (jip'se)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5