Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Formal Intro to "the one and only"  (Read 22348 times)

Jason Kingery

• http://denial-design.com
Formal Intro to "the one and only"
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 08:35:11 pm »

Quote from: Gypsy
Quote from: DENiAL
yeah, I'm going to work my way around all the foreign guys here.  Probably safer and better than any more of these Americans :P  

And to top it off I could learn a second language if there's a teacher here, eh?  Or at least someone could talk to me and I'll just nod in approval :D
HEY! I resembled that remark! err, Anyways, welcome, enjoy your stay, and I'm sure everyone will be more then happy to help if the can!
Ha!  Sorry, I have ALWAYS liked a guy with a real accent...not just a southern drawl or any of the yankee stuff.  lol, just a great European accent :)  What can I say?
HA, I understand completely. Though, I will say in my younger days, I went to spring break in Florida, and fell head over heals, with a girl I met from Alabama, that accent was AMAZING. Luckily for me, I found my gorgeous fiance, who tolerates me being on the computer what seems like 24/7, and encourages me to keep it up. Anyways:

I will speak an opinion on your design style, I checked your portfolio, I really do like you color combinations, and concepts. Though, I am in NO way a fan of scroll bars. I noticed your portfolio, and one of the designs in you clients list both use them. I guess it's just a personal preference, but I still thought I would give you some constructive criticism. If you ever need some advice on a design your working on, everyone here is amazing at being constructive, and honest.

Once again, welcome. :)

Gypsy

• Designs By Gypsy
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 08:52:10 pm »

HA, I understand completely. Though, I will say in my younger days, I went to spring break in Florida, and fell head over heals, with a girl I met from Alabama, that accent was AMAZING. Luckily for me, I found my gorgeous fiance, who tolerates me being on the computer what seems like 24/7, and encourages me to keep it up. Anyways:

I will speak an opinion on your design style, I checked your portfolio, I really do like you color combinations, and concepts. Though, I am in NO way a fan of scroll bars. I noticed your portfolio, and one of the designs in you clients list both use them. I guess it's just a personal preference, but I still thought I would give you some constructive criticism. If you ever need some advice on a design your working on, everyone here is amazing at being constructive, and honest.

Thanks for the opinion.  I really appreciate comments.  I don't like scroll bars either.  A lot of musicians websites seem to be more eye appealing and have to compete with those around them.  So for musicians websites, I will probably continue to do whatever pleases them.  However for businesses, blogs/personal pages and websites I design for myself, I am planning to create xhtml/css (tableless) layouts and I plan to use CMS for them as well.  I have been hand coding EVERYTHING and having to change EVERYTHING each time a new layout was created.  And lucky for me, I found sNews for the CMS and the forum of great people that I will probably begin running to for help quite often :)  

Color is a big "thing" for me.  I love color.  Sometimes I think I over do it so you guys are going to have to tell me when to tone it down a bit from now on.
Gypsy Gyp新y (jip'se)
Vagrant, A Wanderer, faery,
One who lives a carefree life
One inclined to a unconventional way of life.

Jason Kingery

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 08:56:33 pm »

Thanks for the opinion.  I really appreciate comments.  I don't like scroll bars either.  A lot of musicians websites seem to be more eye appealing and have to compete with those around them.  So for musicians websites, I will probably continue to do whatever pleases them.  However for businesses, blogs/personal pages and websites I design for myself, I am planning to create xhtml/css (tableless) layouts and I plan to use CMS for them as well.  I have been hand coding EVERYTHING and having to change EVERYTHING each time a new layout was created.  And lucky for me, I found sNews for the CMS and the forum of great people that I will probably begin running to for help quite often :)  

Color is a big "thing" for me.  I love color.  Sometimes I think I over do it so you guys are going to have to tell me when to tone it down a bit from now on.
ACK, Tell you what, sometime when your available, IM me, and I will walk you through usinga simpe php system, with css/xhtml so even when not using a CMS, you can change you, or your clients design by just changing on file. As for color, I tend to be a little on the crazy side myslef, I have an unhealthy obsession with pink right now. :) anywho...

IM me: (or if anyone else ever needs anything)
Gtalk: liarfish[at]gmail.com

Gypsy

• Designs By Gypsy
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 09:05:27 pm »

ACK, Tell you what, sometime when your available, IM me, and I will walk you through usinga simpe php system, with css/xhtml so even when not using a CMS, you can change you, or your clients design by just changing on file. As for color, I tend to be a little on the crazy side myslef, I have an unhealthy obsession with pink right now. :) anywho...

IM me: (or if anyone else ever needs anything)
Gtalk: liarfish[at]gmail.com
That would be great.  I found this page:
http://codegrrl.com/!/scripts/view/nl_converttophp/  Is it something like what you're talking about?  I haven't tried this yet, but was thinking about it.

There's something I gotta do - get Gtalk ;c)  I use Trillion now, but I keep seeing this Gtalk stuff....Google is going to take over the world.  Bye Bye Microsoft (in the coming years, I hope...)
Gypsy Gyp新y (jip'se)

Jason Kingery

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 09:13:41 pm »

http://codegrrl.com/!/scripts/view/nl_converttophp/  Is it something like what you're talking about?  I haven't tried this yet, but was thinking about it.

There's something I gotta do - get Gtalk ;c)  I use Trillion now, but I keep seeing this Gtalk stuff....Google is going to take over the world.  Bye Bye Microsoft (in the coming years, I hope...)
Thats not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about using php for a navigation system. Not the whole site, so you would do your site like normal just add a couple on extra lines, and a few extra files. Ummm, not sure if that makes sense or not. Been drinking for a couple hours now, and cookin' on the bbq. But yeah, and if you use trillion pro, I'm pretty sure you can connect to gtalk, you just need a gmail account. :), otherwise, you can switch to GAIM Same thing as trillion, except opensource, and supports the jabber client, aka.. the company google bought, and brought gtalk. :p
ORRRR, use one of my many other IM accounts...

MSN: jkingery@hotmail.com
yahoo: trag21

:)

Gypsy

• Designs By Gypsy
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 09:19:14 pm »

Thats not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about using php for a navigation system. Not the whole site, so you would do your site like normal just add a couple on extra lines, and a few extra files. Ummm, not sure if that makes sense or not. Been drinking for a couple hours now, and cookin' on the bbq. But yeah, and if you use trillion pro, I'm pretty sure you can connect to gtalk, you just need a gmail account. :), otherwise, you can switch to GAIM Same thing as trillion, except opensource, and supports the jabber client, aka.. the company google bought, and brought gtalk. :p
ORRRR, use one of my many other IM accounts...

MSN: jkingery@hotmail.com
yahoo: trag21

:)
I will IM you later.  I gotta put my son down for a nap...he's crawling up my leg, literally.
Gypsy Gyp新y (jip'se)

Gypsy

• Designs By Gypsy
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 11:01:50 pm »

So Luka, when are you gonna promote me to "sNews Faerie" ?  :D
Gypsy Gyp新y (jip'se)

Jason Kingery

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2006, 11:10:57 pm »

back on IM, sorry I didn't grab your im user name before I restarted... so... umm.. HOLLLA?

;)

Better yet, add me.. :)

Luka

• Administrator
  • ULTIMATE member
    • http://www.snewscms.com
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2006, 11:18:51 pm »

Done!

God I love friendly people around this forum! :)

Mika

• http://www.ni5ni6.com/
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2006, 11:25:20 pm »

hehe... you surely deserve promotion... holly smoke, 24 posts so far on your behalf :D
http://www.ni5ni6.com/ - Tutorials, Mods and How-To's about sNews CMS
sNews 1.6 Developers Edition - commented sNews 1.6 version

Gypsy

• Designs By Gypsy
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2006, 11:32:07 pm »

Quote from: Luka
Done!

God I love friendly people around this forum! :)
It's called southern charm :P
Gypsy Gyp新y (jip'se)

Gypsy

• Designs By Gypsy
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2006, 12:04:40 am »

Quote from: mika
hehe... you surely deserve promotion... holly smoke, 24 posts so far on your behalf :D
Just imagine if we were all in a room sitting at a large table...guess who'd have the most attention?  :)
Gypsy Gyp新y (jip'se)

Sasha

• cssanarchy.com
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006, 01:10:05 am »

Just imagine if we were all in a room sitting at a large table...guess who'd have the most attention?  :)
Let me guess hehehe ;)
Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. | If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life. snews with ♥

Gypsy

• Designs By Gypsy
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2006, 01:57:32 am »

Quote from: sasha
Let me guess hehehe ;)
Hi sasha, nice to meet you too :)
Gypsy Gyp新y (jip'se)

Sasha

• cssanarchy.com
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2006, 06:27:45 am »

hi gypsy...welcome to solucija.com :)
Every morning, I get up and look through the 'Forbes' list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work. | If you love your job, you haven't worked a day in your life. snews with ♥
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5