Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Admin panel  (Read 851 times)

Edgardo

Admin panel
« on: July 27, 2012, 08:55:51 pm »

Hi, Im new in snews, yesterday so I have done all the instructions to install I think..
, created The db whith phpmyadmin importin SQl copy the files from the install to my directory websyte verfy that apache configs etc, naw I get a page whith the same text as the demo page but on plain text like I meen no graphic  and also I have click on loguin and put my test test user password and nathing hapednd so I dont have any panel

blankspace

Re: Admin panel
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 01:56:35 am »

Hello Edgardo!
Problem is with your .htaccess file. Possibly 2 things wrong:
1) When you install files on your web domain you did not get the .htaccess file
2) You have installed all files in a folder on your domain root.

For 1), in your FTP client turn on "show invisible files" and see if file .htaccess exist. This it must do for sNews to work. If does not exist, change name on file htaccess.txt to .htaccess (notice dot in name)

For 2), find file .htaccess and open in text editor. Find this line:
#RewriteBase /snews17

Change it to this
RewriteBase /name-of-folder

Notice no # character first on line and important that name-of-folder is the name of folder where you install sNews. So if you install in folder "snews" on your domain root, must change RewriteBase to /snews.

Try this, it should solve your problem.

Ciao,
Pax
All your internets are belong to us

Edgardo

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 06:50:11 pm »

I have done that and didn't work seas internal server error, so I had to coment #rewriteBase, also noticed that Im getin a forbiden on /css/style.css on my tools , webdeveloper, web console on firefox. I should sead that I have a centos6 server and also a Ispconfig3 instalation which Im tring to make work Jaa ja notice TRYING but no lack exept for the welcome page that it puts on so i decide to install snews on my site, also notice that my ..htaccess file is not visible but I can editeit whith vim and its workin for the thing that I change rewrite base and give me a server error, and /loguin ; /uncategorized give me an ok from webconsole firefox, Maybe if i put style.css on the same folder (web root folder) as .htaccess and change its path in index.php or waterver it is, what do you think, thenks a lot for your help

Edgardo

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 01:32:47 am »

Hi, well its solved, the problem was some premitions on folders like /css , /js and /images , that I changed and put the same user as the parent main web folder, wen changed css folder the formating came out, but notice that the loguin page did not work I mean at the bottom  was not admin and logout, then I changed the other premisions on the other folders and ... its WORKING... tenks for your help. so naw I will try to make some content, noticed that there is a lots of templates Is there any free template, how do i use those, sorry I mean how to go on whith snews, what sould i do naw, any advice my be apreciated, thenks. By the way folders problems was becouse i copy the files on the web folder not throu ftp and they had my machine user premitions thenks

blankspace

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 12:26:13 pm »

Hello Edgardo! Is good that you make it work. Yes, permissions are importante. I think if you read all of file readme.html you can find many answers on the problems you had, but anyway it is working so is good.

About templates, there is a part in this forum that is named sNews 1.7 Themes. In this there is some free templates to find. (I have one, ha-ha!) But however big part of sNews why is so good is that you can take any HTML template and make it work with sNews. Look in file index.php in the sNews package and you can see there is many php tags, like for example "<?php title(); ?>" or "<?php center(); ?>" - these tags are must be in a web template to work with sNews. Also, most importante, first line it says "<?php include('snews.php'); ?>", he must always be in template for work with sNews. Also if you come into problems just ask here. Someone will know to answer.

Ciao,
/Pax
All your internets are belong to us

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 04:26:34 pm »

Also, check out the many links from the sNews Help Page tp learn more about working wtih the default sNews package.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Edgardo

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 02:31:22 am »

hi, thenks for your reply, as I sed Im very new on this, I dont know anything about php, i do some other programing languajes but php.. dont, so i should learn.. any way Im reading wat you suyested, and also serching google, and kame up this template engines for php,
http://www.webresourcesdepot.com/19-promising-php-template-engines/
 so the question is are they the same as snews?. they can be compatible with snews? I know i sould make my own template.. but I need Just an acceptable good looking one, but if is there an easy way..Sorry about this questions but as i sead i dont kow anithing about php and its confusing is lots of things there for php its like java, you jave java, javascript java sun, java microsoft , you know wat a meen, thenks again, and sorry about my english but if i use a translator, i never finish my post ...

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 04:30:59 pm »

The link you provided to 19 Promising PHP Template Engines (by Web Resources Depot) is a list of 19 PHP website engines (or frameworks) which are also open source projects and work as content management systems (CMSs) as sNews does. While core engine files of each of them are written in PHP, they are each uniquely different because their PHP functions are written specifically for use in their own engines and their different files are organized differently. The sNews core engine functions - all in snews.php - are also written in PHP but, again, the functions are written differently than functions in any other PHP CMS engine.

This page - Overview of sNews Files - should help you gain a better idea of how sNews and its main files - including the template (index.php) file - work.  :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edgardo

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 06:38:40 pm »

thenks for your reply, it is very clear, as i see you know a lot of php, if i can ask you a question.. It is not about snews, but it is php. the thing is I have to use a php function to update my server localy and I have the functions but i sould use them as command line scripts (like bash) and make them in a cron job, the question is if i can use them strait forward like any bash, that is for update ispconfig, they use php on a panel like snews and mysql, they provide the functions but is no mach help about that or maybe i did not find it, hope this is claer, if not let me know, and thenks again for your help

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 10:32:39 pm »

Sorry, I can help you with sNews but if you want help with something else you will need to seek that help elsewhere.

Edgardo

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 01:06:30 am »

thats ok theks anyay, you have been very clear on all the questions, so Im going to try and will see what ca i do, thenks again