In the past, page builders didn’t exist for the average webmaster. You needed to have knowledge of coding to be able to create a full website or even a simple page.
Web developers and designers were very expensive.
Even the simplest change in a website would require billable hours working with HTML and CSS.
Enter the WordPress page builder!
In the modern era of web design, web developers can create more sites in less time.
Beginners won’t need the service of a professional developer – they can create their own websites without the need to spend years learning an esoteric coding language.
What’s the need for a WordPress Page Builder?
A visually pleasing website is important to attract more visitors.
To have beautiful content, a page builder is needed in most cases.
Your page builder gives you good looking templates for website designing without using any coding.
Even a person without any technical knowledge can easily use it and create a great looking website.
The Best WordPress Page Builder for You
There are several page builder plugins available for WordPress.
They all have different components to create blocks for the layouts.
Of the many choices of WordPress drag and drop page builders, Themify and Divi are two of the most popular.
The following comparison will help you make an informed decision about which one to use in your own web publications.
Themify is a simple and intuitive page builder. It has modules that can readily be used for pages and posts.
- Easy front-end and back-end building of the website pages
- Plenty of modules that can be used with drag and drop interface
- It is not limited to Themify themes. It can be used with other themes
- It has more than forty pre-designed layouts with more than fifteen modules. The modules are Box, Callout, Divider, Gallery, Image, Layout Part, Menu, Map, Accordion and more
- Easy to understand. It is very straightforward
- The themes can be customized using the control panel
- Live preview where changes can be viewed while being done
When building out a website, there is no need to go into the editor section when the front-end section is being used.
Editing can be done from the admin area as well as on the live site.
Changes can be viewed right away. Having this feature allows you to see how it will appear on the site in real time.
It also has unique add-ons that can be used, like Timeline, Maps Pro, the Countdown, and the A/B image for real time comparisons.
There are some restrictions on customizing some elements.
When the plugin gets deactivated, shortcodes will be in the content area.
Themify Builders offer multiple packs with a 30-day money back guarantee.
The first option is called Single Themes for $49. It comes with one year of support and updates and also includes the Themify Builder.
The second option is called Master Club. For $89, you get 42 themes with included Photoshop files, 12 plugins, and 25 builder add-ons.
It offers one year of support and updates. It also provides new themes, 25 builder add-ons, and plugins.
The third one is called the Lifetime club. It offers lifetime access to all 42 themes with Photoshop files, 12 plugins, and 25 builder add-ons.
It provides lifetime access to all the themes, add-ons, plugins, support, and updates.
Ease of Use:
Themify Builder is easy to navigate and implement.
It has an auto-enabled feature to help you easily use it.
Reasons to Consider Themify WordPress Page Builder:
- There are features in the free version that are not free with the other WordPress page builders
- Affordable. The paid version is more affordable compared to Divi and other page builders. If additional access and add-ons are needed, an upgrade can be done
- More than 40+ predesigned builder layouts with sixty animation effects
- Depending on the device used, it has a tool that can hide some website elements
The support available for Themify is through Forums.
Divi is from the developers of Elegant Themes. You must be a member of Elegant Themes to unlock the themes, plugins, and other cool features and offers.
The yearly membership fee is $89.
It is a multi-purpose WordPress theme. It has a very responsive design with pre-made layouts. It has many features with ready-made templates.
It comes with more than 40 modules. Here are some of the available modules to choose from: Accordion, Audio player, Bar Counter, Comments, Comments, Divider, Email opt-in, Portfolio, Slider, and Testimonial.
It also comes with a flexible page builder called Divi Builder.
There is no need for codes to create a page with this builder on hand.
Columns, tables, rows, pricing, and much more, can be done by simple drag and drop.
- Tons of elements to drag and drop
- There are many layouts that can be used on any themes with the use of the predefined layout. It also allows you to create your own layout
- There are more than 40 content modules to use, including Accordion, Divider, Comments, Slider, Testimonial, and many more
- It has a feature that can duplicate and copy any element with one click
- It can hide or lock a module on the back-end to save or use later
- It has a front-end editor
- It allows you to create beautiful content though you may have less technical knowledge
Divi allows multiple columns. It is widely used for blogs and website landing pages.
Divi is perfect for telling a story with its interactive elements and vertical display.
When you deactivate Divi Builder or change the theme, shortcodes will be present in the content area.
The content needs to be aligned for it to get fixed, which requires some input of time.
You need to be a member of the Elegant Theme group to get all the themes and plugins that are available for the members.
There is a membership fee of $89 for the yearly subscription.
It offers a one-time fee for Lifetime access for $249. The lifetime access is for all the themes, plugins, updates, premium support, and unlimited website usage.
It also offers a free trial.
Ease of Use:
It provides the user with a good experience and requires less time to get familiar with the tool.
The tool is easy to maintain and pages can be easily updated.
Reasons to consider Divi WordPress Page Builder:
- Beautiful templates
- It allows you to go back to the revision made in the past. You can redo and undo your work
- It allows you to duplicate, disable, and lock items
- It comes with more than 40 content modules with photoshop files
Divi has live chat and email support for their clients, unlike Themify that uses the forum platform for support.
It is Time to Choose:
We have presented the different features, pricing, support, and services offered by Themify and Divi.
The best WordPress Builder for you depends on the kind of needs you have for your website.
It also depends on your budget, the level of experience that you have (whether you are a beginner or a pro), and the features that you need to design your website.
The two Page Builder plugins are good. It is better to purchase them and create your own website than waiting for a web developer or designer in most cases.
The process saves you time and money, and also creates a sense of fulfilment being able to design your own website.
You may want to take advantage of the free trial to experience each platform for yourself!THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Sam Zaman loves to write on technology & related stuff. Ecommerce, mobile and internet marketing equally drive her interest. Likes gardening and experimenting with new recipes. An avid reader and absolutely mad @bout donuts 🙂