One of the advantages of living in the 21st century is having the opportunity to see how rapidly technology is advancing.
WebEx is a business app which allows business moguls to schedule a meeting at their own convenience. Entrepreneurs can work comfortably from home through having online meetings.
This popular business app has consistently received favorable reviews from business merchants. WebEx Meeting Center has rapidly climbed to the top of the list in the online meeting space.
It was included in a recent Forbes ranking as one of the ’10 Best Business Apps’.
WebEx Pricing plans:
WebEx pricing plans are categorized into 4 main levels;
- Free Plan – The free plan is available for just 3 users and offers a free trial of features available on the premium plan for 14 days.
- 8 User Premium Plan – It offers a pricing module of $24/+month or $19/month for a yearly subscription, with a maximum number of 8 users.
- 25 User Premium Plan – It offers a slightly more expensive rate of $49/month or $39/month for a yearly subscription, with maximum of 25 users.
- 100 User Premium Plan – It is quite expensive, but certainly worthwhile. It offers a $69/month or $49/month yearly subscription rate for a maximum of 100 users.
Key features on WebEx
Conference Set-up – The WebEx system is mainly created to work well in the browser configuration. No additional app downloads are required.
Video Streaming – It is very famous for high definition videos that give a captivating experience for web conferences.
Additional features– Annotation tools, Meeting options, Change Presenters, Whiteboard, Chat, Outlook integration, Recording, Selective application & file sharing make for some great features.
Security – It provides users with a secure environment, passwords are protected with 128-bit AES/Blowfish encryption.
Layout/Interface – Easy and user-friendly settings make the app top notch.
Audio – Integrated VoIP & dial-in functions give users the best sound experience.
Support – The helpdesk can be reached via live chat or ticketing system. Self-help documentation is also available. Premium users have the privilege of telephone chat.
Platforms – It is available on Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
Read our full review on WebEx Meeting.
Adding WebEx meeting in 2013 outlook:
Adding WebEx to 2013 Outlook requires WebEx productivity tools, which must be pre-installed on your computer. If it is not installed, kindly check how to install WebEx productivity tools at the end of this article.
After installation, you’ll first have to check to determine if Outlook integration has actually been enabled in the WebEx One-Click client. To do this, simply follow the steps below:
- Open the WebEx Settings dialog
- If WebEx is not yet running:
- Start-> All Programs-> WebEx-> Productivity Tools-> WebEx Settings
- If WebEx is already running:
- Click on the “Edit WebEx Settings” link at the bottom or press F11.
- Select the Tools tab.
- Verify that “Microsoft Outlook” is selected for “Email and Scheduling”.
- Press OK to confirm the changes.
- Restart Outlook and once restarted, verify that the WebEx options are now available on the Toolbar or in the Ribbon.
If the Webex ribbon does not still show in Outlook, you need to enable the add-in in Outlook by following the steps below:
- File-> section Options-> section Add-Ins
- At the “Manage” drop down list at the bottom, select which type of add-ins (COM Add-ins) you would like to enable.
If the add-ins are disabled due to a system crash, you can re-enable it by navigating to Help -> About Microsoft Office Outlook -> Disabled Items. If it is listed here, select it and click on Enable.
If it is not listed there either, click the “Add” button in the COM Add-Ins dialog and point it to the following location:
- 32-bit Windows
C:\Program Files\WebEx\Productivity Tools\ptolkadd.dll
- 64-bit Windows with 32-bit Outlook
C:\Program Files (x86)\WebEx\Productivity Tools\ptolkadd.dll
- 64-bit Outlook
C:\Program Files\WebEx\Productivity Tools\ptolkadd64.dll
Once you have re-enabled the add-in, restart Outlook to get your Ribbon buttons or Toolbar back.
How To Install WebEx Productivity Tools
If WebEx Productivity Tools is not installed on your computer, you can download it from the WebEx site by going to:
- From the “Meeting Center” tab
- Support-> Downloads-> select: Productivity Tools
- From the “My WebEx” tab
- Productivity Tools Setup-> On your Desktop-> Install Productivity Tools
With WebEx integration to Outlook, you can easily schedule or start a meeting using Microsoft Outlook. However, meeting invitees do not need to use Outlook before joining the meeting. If the meeting is restricted to WebEx users only, the invitee only needs a WebEx account.THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.