If you’re running your own business, you know how hard it can be to stay organized and keep engaged with your potential prospects and current clients.
Today, I am going to compare two different platforms, ConvertKit and ActiveCampaign, and share with you the differences in this email marketing software.
So, let’s dive right in!
ConvertKit is an email marketing platform that lets you send customized email campaigns to different contact groups.
You don’t even have to have a website yet. They provide the ability for you to set up a customized landing page for your business to get up and running quickly.
Email Marketing Automation
It’s one of the most valuable things you can do, but you’re going to need help doing it. With ConvertKit they have awesome forms, trackable data, and powerful automation tools.
- You can send automated content at the right time to the right people. According to ConvertKit’s website, you can learn how your subscribers act, as well as view context at a glance by viewing cards or their visual automation tool.
- The content editing tool is nice because you don’t have to open multiple tabs, you have to click on the workflow then open the window in the same item.
- You can create rules within your program such as “if this”, “then that” rules.
- RSS Feeds – you can automatically create a broadcast so that you can deliver your blog posts to your audience.
Tagging and Segmentation
ConvertKit prides itself and has built itself around its tagging system which organizes your contacts into easy to find groups.
One of the nice things about the tagging system is you can tag people based around behavior. For example, as you are moving people through the funnel, you can tag them based on if they clicked on a certain add or inquired about a certain product.
Reporting and Tracking
The tracking for your campaign is pretty simple but gets the job done. As you can see from the image above, it shows a nice visual image of the activity from your campaign. You can choose any date range you want, and even create your own custom date range to view reports.
ConvertKit does have the fewest integrations of all the other platforms, but it still comes with over 80 integrations such as Zapier, Woocommerce, WordPress, Leadpages, and Shopify, to name a few.
Pricing And Support
To begin, ConvertKit has amazing support. They are open 24/7, and you can reach them via email, phone, or chatbot.
When it comes to pricing, ConvertKit has two different products. If you’re a beginner and just getting started, ConvertKit recommends the Creator Pass. These packages include a lot of training, support, and workshops to help increase your skills.
If you’re an intermediate when it comes to email marketing, they suggest the next package up with pricing depending on how many subscribers you have. To see the full list of what’s included with these pricing plans, make sure to view the pricing page on their website.
ActiveCampaign is a fantastic, user-friendly email marketing software that is designed more for the small to medium sized business owner that’s trying to save money, but they also have an Enterprise package as well.
It combines email marketing, marketing automation, and a sales CRM all in one nice, easy to use platform. Below, we will look at some of the features of ActiveCampaign and how they compare to ConvertKit.
ActiveCampaign has a very robust list of features that you can use to develop beautiful, successful, high-converting campaigns.
With ActiveCampaign’s email marketing system you can build email newsletters, create campaigns, and send compelling emails to the right audience at the right time.
- Pre made Templates – 25+ pre made email templates which makes it easy if you are not a good designer.
- Email Segmentation – use tags to sort and organize your contacts
- Subscription Forms – sign up forms that let you capture leads
- Dynamic Content – put different messages in front of different people by combining tagging and conditional content to ultimately send people what they want.
- Split Testing – A/B split testing available for email subject lines, email content, form information, calls to action, and images.
Marketing automation is one of the most important features when trying to save time. ActiveCampaign has an impressive list of automation tools for you to use.
- Site Tracking – tracks your visitors and how they interact with your site so you can market to them the products that they are interested in.
- Event Tracking – lets you see what people are doing in your app, membership site, website, or online portal.
- Automation Goals – lets you see who is moving through your funnel as well as if they are dropping off or not.
- Automation Map – lets you see how automation is connecting to each other therefore helping you to identify new opportunities in your marketing plan.
- Attribution – helps you to determine which marketing is working best such as social media, SEO, PPC, Facebook Ads, etc.
- Split Action – makes it easier to control your actions.
Sales & CRM
The biggest difference you will see between ConvertKit and ActiveCampaign is in the ability for Active Campaign to combine its CRM and automation tools to drive sales.
Their machine learning tool helps you figure out which marketing campaign is working the best as well, so you can make better business decisions.
ActiveCampaign has four different pricing plans depending on how many email subscribers you have.
Both of these platforms are good; it just depends on what your goals are.
ActiveCampaign is more flexible and has more advanced features than ConvertKit because when you are trying to sell a product as opposed to just blogging, you need more tools.
ConvertKit is good for bloggers who simply want to send out simple messages to their subscriber base on a scheduled timeline. Whichever you choose, you should be happy with both.THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Lisa is a B2B and B2C professional writer. She uses her expert knowledge, skills and personal experience in digital marketing to craft content that makes people take action. Her specialty is Search Engine Optimization with interests in Local SEO, SEM, and Social Media Marketing.