When it comes to shopping for clothes online for the consumer, it can seem like a daunting task because there are so many different brands and styles to choose from.
It’s also a lot of fun because you can find so much more online than you typically would be able to in a department store.
With that said, you need to make sure that you are giving your site visitors the best user experience possible when shopping for clothes.
So from the moment someone lands on your website until the end, when you ship the final order to the customer, you need to have the best processes in place, and that’s why today I’m going to share with you the ten best Shopify apps that you need to have for a successful clothing store.
So let’s jump right into it!
One of the first things you are going to notice, and also dislike, is that there will be a lot of people who visit your site and leave.
And to make it even more frustrating, you will have some people go so far as adding products to their shopping cart just to abandon it and never buy anything.
According to a recent study by Barilliance, 3 out of 4 people abandon their carts and never buy! That’s a huge number.
This is why the PushFlew app is a must-have when running your online clothing store. PushFlew will send exit-intent pop-ups and abandoned cart recovery pushes. You can also use this app to build email capture forms so that you can build an email subscriber list.
- Unlimited push notifications
- Order updates
- Delivery notifications
- Promotional and sale pushes
- Abandoned cart notifications
- Advanced segmentation on the basis
- Automated drip campaigns for content marketing
- UpSelling and cross selling campaigns
- Pop-ups after x% page scrolling
- A/B test your messages
- Add multiple websites to a single account
- Campaign and subscriber analytics
The nice thing is that this app integrates with MailChimp, Aweber, and Constant Contact.
Four different pricing plans are offered with the PushFlew app. There is a free version, $9/month, $49/month, and a $199/month plan. To see what is included with each plan you can click here.
2. Social Photos
Social Photos is a great app because it allows you to see what your clothes look like on different people.
Social proof is huge in the online retail business, and this app allows people who bought your clothes to share them on social media channels such as Instagram and Facebook.
If you’re trying to drive more sales through Instagram, I would highly suggest using this one.
The important part of this app is when customers tag themselves on Instagram wearing your clothes, Social Photos automatically creates an image gallery for them!
You can highlight the best photos that customers are sending in with them wearing the clothes you’ve sold to drive more sales.
- Content pre-moderation
- Community page
- Shoppable customer photos
- Remove Social Photos branding
- Product galleries
To see full details on features click here.
Social Photos has a 30-day free trial which is nice if you want to test it out. From there, Social Photos has a $10/month plan, a $24/month plan, and a $50/month plan.
Each comes with different features, with the best package being the Premium Plan.
3. Bold Returns
Bold Returns is a great app that helps you manage the inevitable returns that are going to take place with your store products.
You might as well try and make it as easy as possible, so you don’t have to spend a lot of time doing things that don’t make you any money.
With this returns manager, your customers can submit their return requests through an easy-to-use portal that makes you look like a top-notch business as well as allows them to track the status of their return.
- Powerful customer portal
- Custom return rules
- Store overrides
- Automatically generates shipping labels with UPS
- Return analytics
To see more details on the key features of this app you can click here.
Bold Returns has a 14-day free trial, and then it has one price structure, which is $19.99/month.
What’s a store without a loyalty rewards program? Not much these days. Why not give the consumer a reason to keep coming back to your store to buy over and over again?
The best way to do that is through a loyalty rewards program using the Smile.io app.
With Smile.io you can improve loyalty through points, referrals, and VIP programs. It’s very easy to set up your loyalty programs and then once they are set up if you need to adjust things you can easily edit them and manage.
You can also integrate the Smile.io app with other apps such as CRMs and ESPs, and other marketing tools.
- Advanced design customization
- VIP programs
- App integrates with Shopify POS, MailChimp, Klaviyo, ReCharge, HubSpot, Okendo
- Customizable email notifications and referral messaging
- Points expiry
- Customer segmentation
- Account and launch management
To view the full details of Smile.io, you can click here.
Smile.io has a free version, which is nice if you need just the bare essentials with this application. But for most people, it will set you back $50/month.
5. Collection Filter
Collection Filter is a very useful app that lets your users sort products by color, size, and other custom filters. I know that I use this quite a bit when I shop online for clothes.
Typically, when a shopper has something in mind, such as a red pair of shoes, it makes it much easier for them to be directed straight to what they are looking for rather than having them sort through shoes that they don’t want.
- Custom filters
- Lets Autotag do the work for you.
- Custom navigation menus
- You can tailor how Collection Filter looks on your store
- You can exclude out-of-stock products
- The customized options in products that your customer chooses will be stored so that when they do another search in your site, all customizations will be remembered
- Customer support team
Collection Filter has three different pricing options. The different options depend on how many collections you have. In the image below you can see the differences between the plans.
6. Shop The Look
Shop the Look is a cross-selling app that helps the shopper determine other items that might look good with the piece of clothing they are about to buy.
On the web page for Shop The Look, the app allows customers to add to the cart any item the model is wearing in a product picture without having to be redirected to each and every individual product page.
- Has great upselling and cross-selling tools in the app
- Fully responsive and designed for mobile phones
- Fantastic live chat support and one-on-one onboarding
- Use support to request free customization for anything in your store using the app
- Analytics and ROI reports available through the app
- Add collections to the popup
- Add labels for out of stock items
- Customize all of your call to action buttons
- Track add-to-cart revenue
- Add your own custom CSS without touching the theme
- Ingrates with Google Analytics and Back In Stock
Shop The Look comes with a 21-day free trial and then after that, it’s only $9.99 per month.
7. Order Printer Templates
Printing shipping labels is not the most fun thing in the world to do, but it’s necessary when running an online retail store.
The Order Printer Templates app makes it easy to do this. This app allows you to create beautiful invoices, packing slips, return forms, and gift receipts.
- Professional print templates for invoices, receipts, packing slips, return forms, and gift receipts
- Include your logo and resize it to fit the design
- Include product images
- Custom Google fonts
- Customizable color themes
- Include text and important terms and conditions with each template
- New Feature: You can now include barcodes for products on any order
- Email as a PDF to customers (optional)
The pricing works a little different with this app. It’s a free app that has a one-time fee install of $29 per template.
8. Back In Stock
I love the Back In Stock app because it will notify your shoppers when the item they wanted is back in stock. This is crucial to making money because without this app, you would be missing out on a lot of sales otherwise.
- Easy customer sign up for “back in stock” email alerts
- Installation takes less than 30 seconds
- Create custom experiences with your own buttons
- Edit the email templates with Liquid
- Integrates with MailChimp, Klaviyo, Shoelace retargeting, Constant Contact, and Campaign Monitor
See the full list of details here.
Back In Stock has four different pricing options starting with the Startup, then moving to the Small Business, Medium Store, and Large Store packages.
Oberlo is by far the most popular drop shipping app through Shopify. You can use this app to help you not only find clothing products to sell on your store, but you can use it so that you never have to hold, stock, or ship any inventory
- Forever Free pricing plan
- Detailed product statistics
- North American and European suppliers
- Free Chrome extension
- Order tracking
- Sales dashboard
- 24/7 customer support
- Product page customization
- Inventory and price-auto updates
- Multiple users
Oberlo has a few pricing plans you can choose from depending on what your needs are. To see the full pricing plan detail click here.
10. Loox – Photo Reviews
Loox is one of my favorite clothing apps by Shopify and another must-have.
It adds that personal touch to all of the clothes that you sell, and lets other potential shoppers take a good look at not only the product they are about to buy, but review what other people are saying about it by viewing the photos of them wearing that particular piece of clothing!
- One-click set up
- Automatic email review requests and reminders
- Fully branded emails
- Inline SEO
- Social review sharing
- The Loox popup
- Reviews sidebar
- Homepage reviews carousel
- Upsell technology
- GDPR compliant
- Translations available
For more detailed key features click here.
Loox offers four different pricing plans. Basic ($9.99/mo), Advanced ($24.99/mo), Pro ($49.99/mo), Enterprise ($99.99/mo).
Running an online clothing store isn’t easy, but with the right apps from Shopify, it will make your life a whole lot easier.
The ones listed above represent some of my favorites and are the most valuable when trying to create an incredible shopping experience that makes the customer happy, but also puts the most money in your pocket.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
Lisa is a digital marketing content expert that focuses on SEO, SEM, and lead generating strategies. With over 13 years of experience in the field, she has helped numerous set-ups over the years achieving their business goals. Read more about her at TheGoldenPen