sNews 1.6 (previous version) > Suggestions

Image Gallery

(1/4) > >>

ionednarti:
Hi all. By default in sNews we have only the "image by URL" function. I would like to see mod helping to organize a simple gallery. Like we upload (using ftp or whatever) 10 pictures and then want to add them after the text in the article. Also with click-to-zoom option. Is there any mod or addon like this?

p.s.: i was working with Joomla before and used dynamicimage and mosimage plugins there if it make sense...

Thanks!

brauck:
Use the search function and y'll find a lot of posts about this issue.  ;)

philmoz:

--- Quote from: ionednarti on May 18, 2008, 09:53:27 am ---Hi all. By default in sNews we have only the "image by URL" function. I would like to see mod helping to organize a simple gallery. Like we upload (using ftp or whatever) 10 pictures and then want to add them after the text in the article. Also with click-to-zoom option. Is there any mod or addon like this?

p.s.: i was working with Joomla before and used dynamicimage and mosimage plugins there if it make sense...

Thanks!

--- End quote ---
Well, well, well...
As it happens, I am working on something very much like this, where you can have a 'gallery for an article'
But, I'm doing it for 1.7, and it is nowhere near complete as yet.

Anticipated functionality...
-in admin article customise, checkbox to enable gallery for article.
-- gallery directory made according to article ID
-- gallery admin enabled in article admin
--- upload of images, description, and title can be set after images are uploaded.
--- deleting article will place gallery in orphan directory, and will still be available without having associated article
--- also a delete gallery option also includes destroying the images as well.
-means of creating a Gallery page (using insert function), which will show all gallery links. Those within articles will be links to the articles, those that are orphaned will be links to the gallery only.
-in general view, thumbnails will be displayed below article text as (currently) links to full size image.

still a work in progress, an not much of it is currently fuly operational.
as a teaser, http://www.fiddlenfly.com/download/article_gallery_teaser.png

funlw65:
Hmm, an awaited gallery for your site Sir, with your flying skills ;D .
Is something which I wanted(different area, of course) for another site of one of Seniors around here :P

Keyrocks:

--- Quote from: philmoz on May 18, 2008, 02:12:00 pm ---Well, well, well...
As it happens, I am working on something very much like this, where you can have a 'gallery for an article'
But, I'm doing it for 1.7, and it is nowhere near complete as yet.

--- End quote ---

Here's a new expectation... that it will be fairly easy to adapt this new "Article Gallery" addon to run with 1.6... and that it can be applied to pages as well as it is to articles.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version