Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: sNews vs sNewsMU Comparison  (Read 3027 times)

TechJammer

• BJC Computer Services
sNews vs sNewsMU Comparison
« on: April 17, 2008, 05:25:16 pm »

Hi All,

I am a new member, and I just discovered sNews.  I looked around the site, but I don't see a comparison of features between sNews and sNewsMU.  I assume that the MU version allows multiple users to add content?  Where the basic sNews version would aonly allow a single user (administrator) to add content?

Can anyone direct me to some information that will describe the differences between the two versions?

Thanks,
Bob Culler

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: sNews vs sNewsMU Comparison
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 06:26:12 pm »

Hi All,
I am a new member, and I just discovered sNews.  I looked around the site, but I don't see a comparison of features between sNews and sNewsMU.  I assume that the MU version allows multiple users to add content?  Where the basic sNews version would aonly allow a single user (administrator) to add content?
Can anyone direct me to some information that will describe the differences between the two versions?

Thanks, Bob Culler
Hey Bob... welcome to sNews. You've pretty much summed it up in your intro post. The only difference between the two default (un-modified) packages is single-user (one login & admin) VS Multiple Users - with a registration page that lets just about anyone (if used) register and become a user. The only other difference is that the MU package was created soley as an off-shoot of the default SU package by one of our major mod-creates... also named Bob. :)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

TechJammer

• BJC Computer Services
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 06:43:02 pm »

Thanks Keyrocks!

One more question please...  Actually two...  If I install the basic sNews version now, how difficult would it be to convert over to the MU version later?  If I were to convert, can all the existing database entries from the basic version remain intact?

TechJammer

• BJC Computer Services
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 08:15:54 pm »

Thanks bakercad,

Thats' very good news...  I'll install the basic version and see how it works.