Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: editing the login "screen"...  (Read 963 times)

m_tyhurst2002

editing the login "screen"...
« on: November 12, 2007, 12:45:35 pm »

I was wondering if anyone knew or could point me in the right direction on how to remove options such as, "Notices: Add New, "Extra 2 Contents: Add New", ect. in the login admin page. I don't want to have all these things show up so it doesn't confuse the animal shelter that I am doing this for. I tried deleting some stuff in the core2.php file but don't have an extreme knowledge of php and did not succeed. If anybody has done this please let me know how I can find out. Thanks!

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: editing the login "screen"...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 02:49:27 pm »

The text-link and text references to these are defined in the language variable array. You can locate them and change their values to display whatever you want. I assume you are using one of my modded packages ( core2.php in the ME package? ), and the "Notices" displays where "Extra" content once displayed. In other words... the notices are created by the "extra" function. You could change the text values for "Extra 2 Contents" in the same way... to better reflect where you actually have that function's content displaying in your template.

If you are not using these functions at all... (removing them from the template file) then you simply disable the strings that generate these link-lines in the Admin Panel. With core2.php open in your good code editor, search for // Extra contents -  - add new and view links.. If you haven't altered anything in that file yet, it should be located around line 992... in function administration() (which creates that panel) The 3 strings under it generates the text and links. Comment them out by prefizing them with // like the comment above. You can do the same with the Extra 2 and/or Extra 3 below it.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU