Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Author Topic: cannot save content that i pase.  (Read 985 times)

alain

cannot save content that i pase.
« on: September 03, 2007, 09:37:45 am »

as you all know, with sNews, we edit our content easily, but i have a problem, i can only edut and save only content hta i phisicaly type on the page, everything that i paste from like word doesn't get saved, is there a place where you set it up?

and secondly:
can we have a WYSIWYG editor for incase i have a client who wants to edit is own stuff? he wont bnow how to put a <brake/> in his text.

help anyone?
Do not judge a book by its cover

Joost

Re: cannot save content that i pase.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 10:58:11 am »

Search the mod section.

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: cannot save content that i pase.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 04:09:30 pm »

1)  I can only edut and save only content hta i phisicaly type on the page, everything that i paste from like word doesn't get saved, is there a place where you set it up?

2)  Can we have a WYSIWYG editor for in case i have a client who wants to edit is own stuff? he wont bnow how to put a <brake/> in his text.
1) Rule Number One - Never copy & paste text from another application to the sNews textarea if that application adds any formatting... as MSWord does... it will be refused by the sNews engine and not get saved to the database.
Quick Formatting Solution: When I need to use content from an MSWord document in an sNews article, I first copy and paste the content from the MSWord document into a WinXP NotePad file and remove any formatting that may still exist. Then I copy it from there to the sNews textarea, format it there as desired (using whatever Editor functions I have) and save it.

2)  Yes, you can add TinyMCE or FCKEditor (or others) to sNews. Search the Forums to find posts about using these.
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU