Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You need/want an older version of sNews ? Download an older/unsupported version here.

Author Topic: I need 2 mod  (Read 1201 times)

sibas

• www.simply4all.net
I need 2 mod
« on: January 14, 2011, 10:30:09 PM »

Hello i need those feature for my site.

Mod1
I have some pages and some categories where is not for the public, snews doesn't  have login system, so i am thinking if is possible someone make such a mod.
I want when i create a page or category to put a simple pass, like, "123yahoo" and when someone go to see this page or category must put this pass to see the page or category.
Must have also the ability as admin to change this pass.

Mod2
snews have articles posting time, i need one mod to hide any article by the same way.
example, i create one article/page and i put after 2 months to hide this article.

If you can make those mod's (is not necessary to be the same person) i pay you (what we agree)  and you can release to public.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 07:10:11 PM by sibas »

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: I need 2 mod
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 07:10:24 PM »

By default, when you create a new article or page, the PUBLISH NOW check-box at the bottom of the Editor panel is automatically checked and when saved, the content will automatically be displayed for public view. If you leave this un-checked before saving, or by editing and then re-saving, it will become "unpublished" and no longer publicly visible. And, if you had a link to it in another article or page, the link to it would no longer work. The same occurs if you hide an article or page by clicking the HIDE link beside the EDIT link for any article or page while logged in as the site Admin. After you log out, it is no longer public and a text-link to it in another article or page does not work.

In October 2009, Patric Ahlqvist wanted to get around this so links to "Unpublished" content would disiplay the "unpublished" content, so I figured out this mod for Un-published Articles & Pages displayed by Link-To Only

This mod to make Content visible only to Logged Users - sNews 1.6 MU makes content visible only to logged-in users. We don't seem to have an sNews 1.7 MU package available with a mod like this at the moment.

Another Note: Also, check out this Expiry Date Mod for sNews 1.7 that was a work-in-progress.... I cannot recall if it works perfectly as-is or if it needs more work to get it finished. I think it needs more work as it never got moved over to the Mods Board.  :P

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 07:14:58 PM by Keyrocks »
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

sibas

• www.simply4all.net
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 07:59:46 PM »

Hey Keyrocks!
Well yes i know about those you say, but is not possible for me to check all those articles and because the nature of my site must automatically hide some articles after specific period of time.

Now for the first mod, i don't want really a login system with email and all that stuff, in my mind is most like semi login mod, let me explain what I want little bit better so maybe someone make it for me.

When i create a new article before the title must have something like "enter a pass" 
if i put a pass and make this article then when i publish the article i want to display the link under the category so everybody can see it..
Now the mod must look for the pass if someone click to this link before display the article just redirect to login page and ask for the pass to continue and see this specific article.

I think is easy (at list in my mind) the only problem i guess is not display it in rss, and if I knew php I make it for me, unfortunately I cant that's why I ask someone make it and i pay for this.

I read now the "Expiry Date Mod for sNews 1.7" Thanks

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 09:23:02 PM »

When i create a new article before the title must have something like "enter a pass"  
if i put a pass and make this article then when i publish the article i want to display the link under the category so everybody can see it..
Now the mod must look for the pass if someone click to this link before display the article just redirect to login page and ask for the pass to continue and see this specific article.

This sounds like an interesting idea.
1. You (admin) enter the relatively simple password into a field below the NEW or EDIT ARTICLE (pages too) panel before saving the article.
    You would also have a check-box there to activate "Password Protected"
2. We would add 2 new value columns to the articles table in the database for the 2 new values:
    password for the password, and pass_protected for yes (checked) or no (not checked).

Some Questions....
1.  Would links to password-protected articles and pages still be visible along with all other links in the menus?
2.  When someone clicks the link they would get the Access Login panel and type in the Password for that article or page?
3.  How would a site visitor know what password to use for each article and page that uses passwords?
4.  Would articles and pages all use the same password or would each have their own unique password?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 09:24:56 PM by Keyrocks »
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

sibas

• www.simply4all.net
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 04:51:35 AM »

For the first part
OK I don't know php so maybe I am wrong, but is not necessary to add two values in database, just check, if is empty pass then display the article, if have pass then do something.
This only my idea and I don't know how easy is to make like this someone.

For the questions
1) YES all the links for the protected articles must display all over, categories, pages, site-map, archive.. except RSS! (Maybe only the link in RSS if is possible)
2) YES when someone click the article or page for the protected articles they must fill the specific password to see the article/page.
4) Every article/page must have the ability to have a pass, but,  If I make (let's say) 4 articles and 1 page with the same pass then if someone have this pass then can see those 4 articles and 1page.
3) The idea for this is quite simple, i want to sent by newsletter some special information and i want only who read the newsletter to see those articles, OR we are some friends and want to share specific info, OR... many OR!!
 Most is like to send the pass by email, by business card, or see specific info employees! Many more to think!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 05:36:16 AM by sibas »

sibas

• www.simply4all.net
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 05:13:33 AM »

Oh don't forget every protect article/page must have in header <META name="ROBOTS" content="NOINDEX,NOFOLLOW">
this total necessary, cos is not protect if any search engine can display any data.