Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest sNews - sNews 1.7 - with its own forums - for discussion and user mods.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: fearelise.com - a constant work in progress :)  (Read 5015 times)

pearjam

Re: fearelise.com - a constant work in progress :)
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2011, 02:43:40 PM »

@nukpana, @FredK - Just in case you guys are waiting, I'm almost done - but will be out of town over the weekend and won't be able to work on it - but you could check out what I've got so far - much improved!
....I must go, for I am their leader - and they have gone.

nukpana

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2011, 04:31:21 PM »

lol ok a quick run down... (comments based on FF 3.6 on ubuntu 9.10)
1. Sidebar block headers seem off is this intentional, if not just align it back -  see below:
__Recent
text
text

__Tag
text text text

2. Search magnifying glass should be white or better contrast.

3. Not sure what is going on here:
The full article heading/body img needs to be reduced in left margin

pearjam

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2011, 04:35:36 PM »

1 and 3 are related. Titles (both main and sidebar) are indented, it's purposeful in separating content / titles. (Content is flush, titles are indented.) The container for the article image is flush with the content (as it's content and not a title). The article image is justified to the right (but padded evenly to the right), to line up with article lists which gives me more thumb flexibility while maintaining the aspect ratio.

2 - The search icon isn't supposed to stand out. Only the theme's content area is supposed to stand out with stark contrasts - everything outside the content area is 'dimmed' a little to draw focus to the content.

I added some content to the footer, but it's still lacking (having a hard time thinking of what else to put there).. I am using your (nukpana) version of the "Total article and Total comments" mod, but took out the extra php instances so it's all one function and echos the output on one line. It's working well, but I'm not sure that's exactly what I want in the footer anyway - just something to put there for now.

I looked at the 'popular articles mod', but it's only counting the current category (and not it's subcategory) - so not all articles are included, let alone weighted. I would have to mess with the mod to get it to look at all articles, and would have a hard time figuring out a weighted system. (Older popular articles would have more visits than current popular articles due to their age.). However, 'popular articles' is more along the lines of what I'd rather have in the footer.

So I'm still looking around for inspiration on the footer... lol  Other than that, it's done aside from a little fine tuning. If there's anything else I'll gladly take a look at it!

....I must go, for I am their leader - and they have gone.
Pages: 1 2 [3]