Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: MU Doesnt work properly as you cant add new pages?  (Read 2285 times)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: MU Doesnt work properly as you cant add new pages?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 06:09:28 PM »

i tried this at about line 1147, under the drop down menu where the first fix is. I changed the code to this:

if ($level == '1' || $level =='2' && get_identity($_SESSION['id'], 'site_owner') == 'YES') {

i just added an extra OR in there, and it appears to have worked. But i'm not sure this is the correct way to do this as it appears that the original OR was taken out for the fix in the first place.?

If we add "OR Level 2" in there, then that would allow a Super Editor with site owner status access to the User Privilege Level panel and make changes.
If that is working, then it would appear you are logged in as a Super Editor and not as the Admin... would that be the case?

I prefer keeping access to the User Privilege Level panel limited only to the Site Admin - the default admin account... but that's just my preference.  :)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

alks

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 06:19:09 PM »

yes your right that cant be correct, if the super editor has "site owner" status they can indeed get access to the user privalige panel which is a not what we need or want hense the original fix. I only want that panel to be accessable by the admin only. Mmmmmm so its still not working correctly.........

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 07:31:38 PM »

yes your right that cant be correct, if the super editor has "site owner" status they can indeed get access to the user privalige panel which is a not what we need or want hense the original fix. I only want that panel to be accessable by the admin only. Mmmmmm so its still not working correctly.........

Have you tried the Patched Section I Posted (a few posts pack) yet? It seems to do the trick for me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alks

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 07:54:24 PM »

Well i didnt spot that you had added to your previous post and I missed that patched section you added!!
But the good thing is it works fine!! :)

I very nearly solved it myself, i realised that the first IF statement allready tested to see if the user was an admin and i had already added the echo stements in the correct area and was in the process of tidying up the rest of it. Just had a few small errors popping up.

thanks for all your help :)

The MU package download therefore will need to be updated so others dont get the same error?

Again, many thanks,

alks

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 08:07:33 PM »

thanks for all your help :)

The MU package download therefore will need to be updated so others don't get the same error?

Your welcome, of course.
Yes, the Download package should be updated. I'll add it to my long list of to-doos.  :P
In the meantime, I'll post the patch into the MU Patches board so it's there for others as well.
Pages: 1 [2]