Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Show and Hide Content with pure CSS3  (Read 3226 times)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Fred K

• Still trying to learn stuff
  • ULTIMATE member
    • Personal
Re: Show and Hide Content with pure CSS3
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 03:27:35 PM »

Some of the examples aren't cross-browser functional. For cross-browser functionality for click-toggling (for example), javascript seems more reliable. That said, more examples like this [to show what pure CSS can do] is certainly welcome as you *can* do a lot with CSS.

nukpana

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 06:29:07 AM »

[prehaps off topic a bit... ]What bothers me about most of the CSS3 demos are browser specific... I thought we were moving away from this...  It bothers me this trend the web design/dev community is going with CSS3...

This annoys me: http://www.apple.com/html5/ Can't view this on FF??
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 06:31:38 AM by nukpana »

kreatur

• RoManga
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 08:13:52 AM »

Youíll need to download Safari to view this demo. But that's only normal since Safari is made by apple. You can't stop them from trying.

About those examples that aren't cross-browser functional, i believe they will be in the future, it's just that some browsers haven't got to the css3 part yet. I notice even IE9 will support it, open source competition won't want to remain behind.

Fred K

• Still trying to learn stuff
  • ULTIMATE member
    • Personal
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 02:58:31 PM »

@nuk - the problem with Apple's demos, imho, is the clumsy title of the page. The demos as you note are more about CSS3 than HTML5 and, as kreatur says, they're showcasing things that haven't been included in the spec yet (Apple as a rule sends their CSS inventions to W3C for inclusion consideration). It says clearly though that you need to use Safari to fully see the demos so it's not altogether bad. Which doesn't mean it's good, what they've done.
There are a number of cool effects in CSS3 that you can only use by employing "vendor" - e.g browser maker - prefixes. And it's important to keep in mind that CSS3 isn't a complete spec yet, it's a work in progress.