Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: i want to create 2 column layouts -right & left '' PLEASE HELP ME '"  (Read 4522 times)

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: i want to create 2 column layouts -right & left '' PLEASE HELP ME '"
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 05:44:25 PM »

Question - what are you using to write your HTML code?
------- Answer : Sometimes I use the microsoft office front page 2003
and In some cases, using other dreamweaver cs4

I have checked the link you gave me. I want to tell you that these mistakes are not the reason to sabotage Page but the problem is that I do not insert this codes in index file (template) :

<div id="content">
<div id="container">
<div id="bottom">

This is what makes it to sabotage in firefox & IE 8...

It is not a simple matter of adding <div id="content"> or <div id="container"> or div id="bottom"> to an HTML that is already using a table-cell-based layout... in fact doing that will often complicate matters and create more errors.

Using FrontPage 2003 or Dreamweaver cs4 as your code editor makes it very difficult to develop a clean template for dynamic websites because both applications inject un-wanted code into your work.

I used to use FrontPage 2003 to develop static web pages when I was a beginner (in 2004) because I did not know how to work with HTML and CSS from scratch. However, when I started working with sNews and other small Content Management Systems, I found it extremely complicated and difficult to strip out all of the duplicated, repetitive code FrontPage 2003 generated. I had no choice but to learn how to work with HTML and CSS from scratch.

FrontPage 2003 and other WYSIWYG code editors inject all of the styling in-line within the HTML.
sNews and many other CMS systems keep the styling separated (100% from the HTML by putting it all in the style.css (and other .css files). This approach makes the template HTML much simpler. I have made some good templates with less than 100 lines of code... even down to 65 lines of code in some cases... which makes them much easier to understand, work with and modify.

sNews makes template work as simple and easy as it can get.

Suggestion 1 - stop using WYSIWYG code editor applications. Start using a 'good' code editor that gives you complete control over your code work. There are several FREE ones you can download and install on your computer, such as NOTEPAD++ and Crimson or a version of PHP Designer 6 or 2007 (personal). I've been using PHP Designer 2005 since it first came out and have 2007 (personal) as well.

Suggestion 2 - Start learning how to work with HTML and CSS from scratch... without using tables and cell.s You will be glad you did once you get the hang of it.
One of the best places to start is with the Tutorials offered by W3C Schools - HTML and CSS.

Suggestion 3 - W3C Schools also provides easy-to-learn 3-column Template Tutorials so you can apply what you learn as you go along.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 05:46:46 PM by Keyrocks »
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

adminphp

• you must be a great snewser .
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 07:18:58 PM »

My highly friendly question must be: What is your level of knowledge in CSS/XHTML... ? It this something that you should pay someone to do for you, or are you willing to use this as a learning project ?

If the last applies, I'm sure you will find some help and tips here at the forum, but it seems we need to establish some ground "rules"

My friend, as you sweat solutions to this problem, please come out in the forum because I want a solution ... As for you I said that I should pay for someone to do this job. I say to you I do not know what you are talking ... this problem is simple, and I did not ask the entire interface design, but just ask the forum members who have the experience and techniques in this script .... I did not do the programming of the script ... anyway I thank very much ... We are in this forum are cooperating in order to solve the problems and know each other and also to share our experiences ... I also do I program as well as the operational programs and scripts of all languages
“Fifty years of programming language research, and we end up with C++?”

adminphp

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 07:29:55 PM »

It is not a simple matter of adding <div id="content"> or <div id="container"> or div id="bottom"> to an HTML that is already using a table-cell-based layout... in fact doing that will often complicate matters and create more errors.

Using FrontPage 2003 or Dreamweaver cs4 as your code editor makes it very difficult to develop a clean template for dynamic websites because both applications inject un-wanted code into your work.

I used to use FrontPage 2003 to develop static web pages when I was a beginner (in 2004) because I did not know how to work with HTML and CSS from scratch. However, when I started working with sNews and other small Content Management Systems, I found it extremely complicated and difficult to strip out all of the duplicated, repetitive code FrontPage 2003 generated. I had no choice but to learn how to work with HTML and CSS from scratch.

mr.keyrocks... You Are Very Amazing Men .. thank you for your advice

Can you set up tables and cells through the css

We have already told you I did not put
Those codes and put them in the script when conducted everything be okay

thnak u
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 07:33:01 PM by adminphp »

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 08:14:14 PM »

Can you set up tables and cells through the css

Yes, you can, provided you know how to do it.
Visit this page to get started on Applying CSS to Table-based layouts.

As I noted earlier, before you try to 'port' your table-based layout to work with sNews 1.6... your start point would be to clean up the 446 errors and 2 warnings that your current template has, and get it validating as well as you can.

Or... start from scratch.  8)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

adminphp

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 08:36:39 PM »

Thank you for the answer I will examine these steps in order to create the tables and cells by css

----Small question----

Is there a way to set up bar page latest news like this

http://hibapress.com/lastt.php

thank you. I am very Heal for the inconvenience...

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 09:06:38 PM »

----Small question----Is there a way to set up bar page latest news like this
http://hibapress.com/lastt.php

Yes. Google for "scrolling text"... gets you these examples (and more): Using HTML or Using Javascript

adminphp

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 10:10:27 PM »

thank you very much

Yes, this is the correct code, but is there a special code to this snews1.6 - to see the latest news automatically
 I do not even edit the page in order to add news on the tape

A code displays the latest news, but not the tape News

Code: [Select]
<?php menu_articles(0,5); ?>
This code is displayed like this :

but this displayed in the status bar, and automatically like this

click_her
                              °°°

http://j.imagehost.org/0371/25.jpg
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:20:33 PM by adminphp »

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • “I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.”
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 10:33:48 PM »

M
My highly friendly question must be: What is your level of knowledge in CSS/XHTML... ? It this something that you should pay someone to do for you, or are you willing to use this as a learning project ?

If the last applies, I'm sure you will find some help and tips here at the forum, but it seems we need to establish some ground "rules"

My friend, as you sweat solutions to this problem, please come out in the forum because I want a solution ... As for you I said that I should pay for someone to do this job. I say to you I do not know what you are talking ... this problem is simple, and I did not ask the entire interface design, but just ask the forum members who have the experience and techniques in this script .... I did not do the programming of the script ... anyway I thank very much ... We are in this forum are cooperating in order to solve the problems and know each other and also to share our experiences ... I also do I program as well as the operational programs and scripts of all languages
Mhm, ok...
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
    • snews.ca
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2010, 12:39:35 AM »

Mhm, ok...

Ah-hummmm (cough, hack) Uh-hmmmmm.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 12:46:28 AM by Keyrocks »
Pages: 1 [2]