Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hello sNews group  (Read 2706 times)

Jack

Hello sNews group
« on: March 17, 2010, 11:53:03 AM »

I'm jack and I've been looking for a simple CMS that's easily expandable with my own code and a template system that's insane.

I think I'm home lol. A bit about myself, I've been teaching myself web design/dev for what feels like a year now on and off, I'd confidently say I've got a solid understanding off html/css/jquery and I'm really starting to look at php/databases. I can write php but not good php and I'm still trying to get my head around class' etc.

I must say I'm rather worried it's a bit quiet around these parts, looking at all the mods and their all for 1.6. Is this because the community is quieting down a bit or nothing changed to break them?

I'm having a bit of trouble finding any information on the conditions I have to abide by to use the cms, do I have to leave a sNews link on everything I do?

Looking forward to working with you all on mods/extensions and the like

Keyrocks

• Doug
  • ULTIMATE member
  • Semantically Challenged
    • snews.ca
Re: Hello sNews group
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 03:25:11 PM »

Hi Jack... and welcome to the sNews family... we sometimes (informally) refer to it as the SNoozers community but that doesn't mean we're snoozing asleep.

sNews may not appear to have tens of thousands (or more) Forums members, but that doesn't mean the sNews user community is very small. Because our Forums are all open to any visitors, there are many sNews users who continue to download the distribution packages and make use of any number of mods and addons submitted by Forum members... all without having to open an account of their own.

Conditions of Use?
Well... there aren't many at all.
When you open the snews.php file in any downloaded sNews package, you'll notice in the commented section at the top of the file:
1.  Copyright is assigned to Solucija.com which is a website owned by sNews founder, Luka Cvrk, located in Croatia.
2.  sNews is licensed under a Creative Commons License... which means you are free to use, modify, enhance or redistribute it anyway you choose.
3.  All that we ask in return is that you keep 1 and 2 in all sNews-related files, and keep a "Powered by sNews" link in the footer of all sites you produce.

On behalf of my fellow sNews Dudes, I can say, without a doubt, that we look forward to sNoozing (working) with you too.  8)
Do it now... later may not come.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sNews 1.6 MESU | sNews 1.6 MEMU

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 10:01:22 AM »

Woah Jack, oh Jack, please code some mean...
code, the meanest old code that we'll ever see....n
I guess if you said so...
you'd have to pack your things and go. (That's right)

BUT:

Don't hit the road, Jack
Please come back some more, some more, some more, some more
Don't hit the road, Jack
Please come back some more

Welcome, Jack-man
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated

Jack

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 05:37:56 PM »

Woah Jack, oh Jack, please code some mean...
code, the meanest old code that we'll ever see....n
I guess if you said so...
you'd have to pack your things and go. (That's right)

Lol, alright. I'm staying  :)

Thanks for the info, I'll keep poking around. After some mods and things already for 1.7 I might even get to write some  :o

Patric Ahlqvist

• Nobodys perfect, but Im pretty effing close
  • ULTIMATE member
  • I'm a self-made man and worships my creator.
    • p-ahlqvist.com
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 06:31:12 PM »

;)
"It's only dead fish that goes with the flow... "
Updated